Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird situation or normal? I don't know!
(08-19-2017, 12:40 PM)Oxford Wrote: Had  similar  experience received letter asking me to claim my package
It said I could claim in writing or they would destroy
Needless to say let that one go

Same with me.  I have had 2 LL in my lifetime and they give me an opportunity to claim my mags.  I always decline the offer.  I have also had them open my packs and send them to me with everything intact.
(08-19-2017, 11:24 AM)Kon1erPMSQUAD Wrote: This has hapoened to me also. In my opinion, if you aren't ordering large amounts and they deem then for personal use only and it doesnt seem like your ordering to sell them, theb they probably dont have tine to go thriugh all the trouble of setting up a sting operation on you. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION THOUGH.  I wouldn't worry too much about it in the future if it happens.  But its,always good to be careful and check on our forums and see if anyone else has had,the,same,issues so good thinking coming here to check with people.
This must be some form of mi stske on their part.  Surely if they get discovered they'd send an LL rather than still send them through?
the thing is they can set a trap. Dodgy 

it really happened to me.

First: They can send an amount that's within personal use only and it's not your entire order. (i think they use this so you can't later say you didn't ordered that product)
and on a second time, they ask you to go to the PO and collect the remaining.
Only heard of visits by authorities in the US, some for a meagre 30 or so caps of tramps, thought it was made up then read of others getting same visits, don't know why they would go after people for such small amounts, think there's more important things to be going after than someone getting a months supply .

Last LL I got it has similar thing about claiming your package, I passed on that, its at that point only a civil matter and not classed as criminal according to the LL, still civil or criminal still leaving it, let them destroy it or take it home themselves, don't want to know .

Crazy reading about how they set people up over the pond, asking you to go to the PO to pick it up, must be pretty worrying for those getting this treatment to say the least .
(08-24-2017, 11:09 AM)G.Elias Wrote: Only heard of visits by authorities in the US, some for a meagre 30 or so caps of tramps, thought it was made up then read of others getting same visits, don't know why they would go after people for such small amounts, think there's more important things to be going after than someone getting a months supply .

Last LL I got it has similar thing about claiming your package, I passed on that, its at that point only a civil matter and not classed as criminal according to the LL, still civil or criminal still leaving it, let them destroy it or take it home themselves, don't want to know .

Crazy reading about how they set people up over the pond, asking you to go to the PO to pick it up, must be pretty worrying for those getting this treatment to say the least .

Yeah! of course i can't get into details, but...

Only good communication with the vendor and a great advice from Charon saved me. Because with my lack of experience (first time for me) i almost fall for it.
dont want to quote again,but its not setup per say , some people as Charon posted might order millions of weird things,that would technically would fall between the legal lines, so in some cases you might have legit item for your needs that they would hold.That said if you know what you do is grey at very least then it should immediately ring the bells to write it off, since imagine some might think they would use excuse oh i didnt know but that stuff doesn't fly.
I haven't heard of this post office trick but I know one country in my vacinty where they are pulling all sorts of stunts over the tiniest of amounts as well
Hmmm, I hate to say this but I only see thisbgettin c b worse as the huge amounts amounts of money that are being brought through this channel. Although not hand to hand, it certainly is bringing countrya to meet other courts in ways that normally wouldn't even be possible. Think 30 years ago about trying to obtain something from a continent, they look at as terror and they will continue to try to shut it doen, because it is illegal, but I believe there will always be one place that will filll our needs.