Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Optomize Site???
Hey y'all, I think having this site mobile optimized would be awesome, thoughts?

I only go on here on my phone and it sorta sucks. Not talking snack, love the site guys!!!
My co admin, Admin of steel, will respond at his leisure.

I am guessing it would make our site more vulnerable to attacks.

But, I handle the people. Steel has the knowledge and wisdom of the site.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(01-02-2017, 08:09 PM)Crayon Wrote: Hey y'all, I think having this site mobile optimized would be awesome, thoughts?

I only go on here on my phone and it sorta sucks. Not talking snack, love the site guys!!!

We are using a freeware. Taking financial help from members does have its advantages like advanced software, boosted site and mobile optimized and lots of sorts of stuff but it has its cons too like the Administrators being chickens and the ones that pay being bosses. We don't work that way. Soon as the software company releases an update that is mobile optimized you would definitely see this forum running like a horse. Smile
The only way to know how strong you are is to keep testing your limits.
Even my "old" phone has an optimised setting on it ... Don't see why all the new fancy ones don't....

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Nice, thanks for the info, i can see an in depth site such as this with many users and backend to be quite difficult as well to optimize, it would take months with a small team
well, i don't necessarily use that language. suffice to say, i, too, am an old fuddy duddy and resistant to change.

i have a wee burner phone for my sister and son.

no smart phones for me. (I cannot have my mobile device be smarter than i.)

Further, I have seen my good sister tethered to her smart phone whilst her kids, fully grown, text her in the same room. argh. I believe in conversations. Not texting.

Hey, we are young at heart. That is all that counts.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

All 3 droid phones i had worked perfectly, identical to laptop- even a blackberry piece of junk i had on boost had a watered down but fully functional (pm, post, reply, view) mobi
Some mobile browsers do a better job than others of rendering a full-size site. For anyone having an issue I'd try firefox mobile and/or opera, and see how they compare with the built in browser.