Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the north
Hey thanks--to everybody here who replied. This forum has been a godsend, and Charon is nothing short of a saint.

My emergency has been averted for the time being. I feel lucky, in a way...though it was unpleasant and totally disrupted my life, I managed to avoid seizures. Being on a low dose must be the reason. When I was cut off, I had to make 2mg last 8 days until I found another solution (in case you're wondering, it was etizolam for about 2 weeks, then I finally found a supply for Zan). I'd rather not be on them at all, but after so many years, I don't know how realistic that is. Etiz is OK as a stop gap but did not do much for my anxiety. 

While I'd still like to knock my doctor upside the head, I do thank him for giving me a necessary reality check: That I'd placed my well being in the hands of someone I hardly know. I won't do that again. It's a hard life and time to move on. I'm so glad I found this place though.
we are glad u found us and chose to stay!

especially as times are so tricky now and laws keep changing, we need to be a group of family. and, i mean the family whom does not steal a valium from ur purse. kidding.

i am a firm believer in researching my own course of care. or lack, really, thereof. For a quarter of a century doctors could not give me one diagnosis. I have gotten about seven. Ah, no. But, if i feel a symptom, I shall treat that.

We check everything doctors tell us. They are not Gods. My elder sister is one, and she is no god.

We must make the final choices in our care.

You will do it!
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(05-05-2017, 12:16 AM)Charon Wrote: we are glad u found us and chose to stay!

especially as times are so tricky now and laws keep changing, we need to be a group of family. and, i mean the family whom does not steal a valium from ur purse. kidding.

i am a firm believer in researching my own course of care.  or lack, really, thereof.  For a quarter of a century doctors could not give me one diagnosis.  I have gotten about seven.  Ah, no.  But, if i feel a symptom, I shall treat that.

We check everything doctors tell us.  They are not Gods.  My elder sister is one, and she is no god.

We must make the final choices in our care.

You will do it!

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart !!!!!
Hello and welcome to the most informative forum on the web.
Welcome

North of where?

Why would they just cut meds off?

(05-05-2017, 12:03 AM)dynalift Wrote: Hey thanks--to everybody here who replied. This forum has been a godsend, and Charon is nothing short of a saint.

My emergency has been averted for the time being. I feel lucky, in a way...though it was unpleasant and totally disrupted my life, I managed to avoid seizures. Being on a low dose must be the reason. When I was cut off, I had to make 2mg last 8 days until I found another solution (in case you're wondering, it was etizolam for about 2 weeks, then I finally found a supply for Zan). I'd rather not be on them at all, but after so many years, I don't know how realistic that is. Etiz is OK as a stop gap but did not do much for my anxiety. 

While I'd still like to knock my doctor upside the head, I do thank him for giving me a necessary reality check: That I'd placed my well being in the hands of someone I hardly know. I won't do that again. It's a hard life and time to move on. I'm so glad I found this place though.

I get a growing feeling about all of this.

Of course we need Drs to advise and guide but the ultimate decisions should be ours.

Informed both of the medical side but also our own bodies.

My dad died of bowel cancer.

He had his symptoms for 6 months befor diagnosed. I thought it might be cancer after one month, I knew it was after 3. My dad insisted it wasn't as he had had all the tests.

Poor bastard found out 9 weeks later. Dead in 11 months.