Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ever Had a Seizure? Please Share Your Experience.
Wow!!! That’s awesome happyvibe! Thanks for sharing your story as well. Contrary to popular belief, many of us join this forum for support. Just like you said, you don’t want to burden your friends. The fact of the matter is, they just don’t get it. If you appear healthy, then to most, you are. That’s what’s so frustrating. But we on this forum get it as most of us don’t have any physical signs of an ailment.

My husband is a disabled veteran and has broken several bones, has had multiple surgeries and suffers from PTSD. At first glance, he appears unharmed. His scars are all covered by clothing but they are there, as is his pain and stress. He has “DV” on his license plates so he can park in handicapped spaces but because he is young and appears “normal” he get heckled all the time when he gets out of his car. “Hey! Do you realize you just parked in a handicapped spot loser?” I’m not kidding. It happens all the time. It bothers me more than it does least I think.

So, thank you for sharing your story too. I feel empowered by all of you and yes, I prefer lemonade to lemons. Otherwise we would never get out of bed. You’re an inspiration. People have disabilities...disabilities don’t have them....
LoKo44- good for your husband not getting effected by ignorant people out there. its a strong trait to tune people out. glad we have this forum for support and to read such positive stories.