Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever Had a Seizure? Please Share Your Experience.
Received some upsetting news last week that my brother had a seizure whilst at work and was taken to hospital. He's been working 50 hour weeks in a demanding managerial role, is midway through his MBA and commutes 700 miles back home on the weekends (works in London and AirBNBs there midweek, does the long journey back home on Friday evening then travels back down on Sunday evening) so to say he's burning the candle at both ends is an understatement. The brain scan and tests he got back from the Doctors yesterday revealed everything was fine, and since he's never had epilepsy or any seizure prior to this, seldom ever drinks and has never touched a drug in his life I'm led to believe this happened due to exhaustion. He's used to only sleeping four or five hours a night but with the stress of his job and MBA on top of travelling I am just so concerned. Even more so because I told him that as a family we all love and care for him and that his health has to be a priority but it's falling on deaf ears.

He even wanted to return back to work straight away and they literally demanded that he had to take a week off! And now that the Doctor has relayed the news that his test results are healthy he's convinced he can carry on with this unsustainable lifestyle he has right now.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so concerned and worried for my older brother because he doesn't seem to appreciate how serious this is. I know I'll end up irritating him if I keep suggesting he takes it easy because I'm starting to get that vibe from him already.

Blooming family eh. Just wish there was a way to show him his health is so much more important than anything else right now. I know when I had a seizure years ago it was a huge wake up call to look after myself properly since it was the first time my body was telling me I'm not invincible. Hopefully when his studies end in the Summer he'll be less fatigued/exhausted but who knows.

Thanks for anyone who's read this, outside of the family no one really knows what's happened because I don't want to be a burden to friends talking about my problems when a lot of the time they've got bigger problems of their own.

I'll end this post with a friendly reminder to please take care of yourself, and listen to your body when it's telling you you're overdoing it. Take it easy folks x

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever Had a Seizure? Please Share Your Experience. - by Glousck - 02-02-2018, 01:57 PM