Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever Had a Seizure? Please Share Your Experience.
(04-14-2017, 04:53 PM)Charon Wrote: Can u contact your former prescriber again?  Is it possible to get to a psychiatrist, and its cheaper on college campuses, and explain that u were cut off suddenly and need a month's worth, at least, to withdraw safely?

xanax withdrawal is horrific from what ihave heard.  Not maybe seizures, but the withdrawal starts way later than u expect.

and i have read and been informed that people see things moving that are not there.  

Especially being alone, try your other doctor or contact a psychiatrist for help.  And, I pray they are not all off for Easter.

Will Emergency Rooms provide  xanax to a walk in whom was cut off suddenly?  Does anyone know?

Thanks again Charon for your reply. You're my hero. Feeling a bit better now. Meeting with my school adviser this evening, he is a good friend and can be trusted. I'm going through my other options...am ready to head to urgent care if anything comes up over the weekend. I could probably get a single dose of Ativan if I show up at the emergency room, but that would be last resort only...(can't afford the $300-600 that my insurance won't cover.)

I think Monday I may try to get into my original doctor if things get worse. I was quite angry at him when he cut me off. I did get a copy of med report from the last visit and he said I was displaying 'abberent' behavior with regards to my meds. Cruel sonofabitch. Yes, I was angry, but totally professional about it.

One thing I realized this AM is I forgot to take my blood pressure med yesterday (losartan) so I'm hoping this morning's incident was due to that more than the w/d's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever Had a Seizure? Please Share Your Experience. - by dynalift - 04-14-2017, 06:31 PM