Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever Had a Seizure? Please Share Your Experience.
Let me contribute a wee bit later.  i have had seizures. I can usually avoid them now.  My real concern is a massive seizure that leads to another stroke.  i do not want to learn how to talk again for anyone.

I shall be back, but i firmly believe that all  households need codeine, antibiotic, benedryl, and, i believe, valium and emergency phenobarb.

I don't believe in necessarily taking meds every day.  I treat symptoms.  When they start to arise.

I would always tell my son and husband i can see and hear during a seizure.  I cannot compartmentalize what has gone on until later. But, one does fall to the floor and bashes their head a bit.  And, one cannot stop it.

I had always rescued animals and i  trained german shepherds for my office and home.  love them.  my german shepherds knew when i was about to seize and wore my emergency meds around their neck.  it did not hurt them.

The real key is to figure out triggers to prevent the problem.  I get a twinge in the back on my leg.  If i don't take a valium and half a pheno then, i shall have a massive seizure.  But, if one keeps valium and or pheno nearby at all times one can prevent it in my case.

So, let's see how others deal with this. One poor friend of mine has seizures so badly that lighting a lighter will trigger one for him.

I do avoid loud noises, and i used to cover my head to avoid flashing lights when my houseshare would watch American Idol. That would have brought on a seizure. So, does that awful jackson barrett auction house. I could hear the "narrators" voices for hours and hours after the show was turned off. But, my houseshare started getting sick from that show so luckily we don't watch it now. But, one feels sounds amplified in one's head; one also can keep seeing the darn flashing lights. When that happens, the wise woman will take a valium and half a pheno to prevent what seems to be the inevitable.

I think high stress will encourage one's body to seize. So, trying to maintain calm is important. And, being prepared. Fairly sure that one should take nutrition appropriately as that will certainly help one's body remain "normal."

I cannot recall my first seizure. It was when i was an older teen and would live with my medical doctor sister on weekends that she noted the seizures. And she could identify them.

This will be an important thread, raven. thank you.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever Had a Seizure? Please Share Your Experience. - by Charon - 04-12-2017, 05:45 PM