Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nootropics
Will be trying moda for the first time in the next few days. My PC recommended it months ago and it slipped my mind. Hoping for a good outcome
"Man is a universe within himself" Bob Marley
I have occasionally used modafinil in very small quantities (e.g. 1/6th of a 200mg pill). I rarely drink things with caffeine in them, so I have almost zero tolerance to any stimulants (although moda is an atypical stim).

I have to take it very early in the day or it does mess with my sleep at night. I save it for times when I'm pulling very long hours at work and need to be super productive. There is no high or anything like that, but it doesn't make me jittery, it mainly feels like am anti-sleep / anti-tiredness drug. Not sure how cognitively stimulating it is, but I know a considerable percentage of university students take this stuff for exams.

Someone asked about the long term effects of nootropics - it is a good question. Modafinil is a legitimate medicine for narcolepsy and has been around a few decades, so I doubt the long term effects are horrific or we'd started to have seen it among those originally prescribed it. Moda  has a "sister drug" that is more like the pro-drug, because it has to be converted via your liver I believe it is a bit harder on your system. But modafinil itself doesn't share that problem (to the best of my knowledge). The other nootropics are much harder to know the long term effects - unless I am mistaken, the majority are noo/new and so less is known.

Do your research and stay safe :-)
(09-11-2017, 03:28 PM)barq- Wrote: I have occasionally used modafinil in very small quantities (e.g. 1/6th of a 200mg pill). I rarely drink things with caffeine in them, so I have almost zero tolerance to any stimulants (although moda is an atypical stim).

I have to take it very early in the day or it does mess with my sleep at night. I save it for times when I'm pulling very long hours at work and need to be super productive. There is no high or anything like that, but it doesn't make me jittery, it mainly feels like am anti-sleep / anti-tiredness drug. Not sure how cognitively stimulating it is, but I know a considerable percentage of university students take this stuff for exams.

Someone asked about the long term effects of nootropics - it is a good question. Modafinil is a legitimate medicine for narcolepsy and has been around a few decades, so I doubt the long term effects are horrific or we'd started to have seen it among those originally prescribed it. Moda  has a "sister drug" that is more like the pro-drug, because it has to be converted via your liver I believe it is a bit harder on your system. But modafinil itself doesn't share that problem (to the best of my knowledge). The other nootropics are much harder to know the long term effects - unless I am mistaken, the majority are noo/new and so less is known.

Do your research and stay safe :-)

Totally agree with what you're saying. Modafinil and Piracetam (stimulant) have had decades of research behind, and continuous use is safe. But many of these nootropics are relatively new, and we have no idea what the long term effects are. 

Having said that, I do use both Modafinil and L-Theanine. Moda MUST be taken for me early in the morning else ill be up all night, and L-Theanine gives a nice, non-jittery boost with caffeine. When possible i buy branded, given ow new these class of drugs are.
I've always been interested in Noops and have tried phenibut, but had some negative effects and pretty much gave up on noops altogether. After reading this maybe I'll try some Moda and see how it goes. I definitely need a motivation boost since retiring. I spend way too much time typing on the computer..........like right now Smile What is a CDGD stack? G00gled it and found nothing. I've also tried 5-HTP, L-theanine, GABA and taurine without much success. That's it I'm signing out to go work on my classic 72 Vette. Now that does give me motivation!! I highly recommend it.
Theanine plus caffeine . And for sleep trazodone.
Hamil, great thread! I too am always seeking safer alternatives. On the one hand I need bzoes for anxiety and on the other, something for motivation. It's hard to find something safe that accomplishes both. Though Kr@tom works well to get me going, I don't want to over use it. A buffet of options are what I need and caffeine is not an option for me. I'm trying Sam-e right now, though I'll need a second week to have a real opinion of it. M0da and it's cousins seem like an option for occasional situations. The true Noops that everyone has mentioned will need more research on my part.

Relaxme, When adding L-theanine to caffeine, does the L-theanine take away the jitters that some people, me, experience with caffeine?
Thanks
MoJim
Just ordered from a previously mentioned vendor. Starting with Noopept, phenylpira and adrini. There are so many racetams around it's difficult to choose and everybody's body chemistry is different. Will need to test each one individually and then try different combos/stacks later.

After rereading Chantily's post "L-Theanine gives a nice, non-jittery boost with caffeine" and doing my own reaerch I think I give it a try. It's the weekend and there are soo many projects.
When you stake in about modafinil i must say that so far I had tried generics and I'm very please with them and result from them.
Anaracitam looks very interesting and might be something to add to my nootropic supply/studies. As Hamil wrote "
i really like anaracitam. i think i took 750mg before golf and gave to a few friends. i was in the zone :Smile nice smooth energy very focused and good mood." I play golf as well and for those that don't, it really requires a lot of focus. Other research I've found suggested it also helps with anxiety and depression. It is currently being studied for usage in Alzheimer's patients as well. Since I do engage in activities like golf and since my grandfather and father both had alzheimer's this is of particular interest for me. Thanks for bringing this to light.
MoJim
IME, nootropics seem to be hit or miss. I have tried piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, and noopept... and have never felt any real beneficial effects except from low doses of noopept. Even then, the effects weren't enough to justify extended periods of use of any of the aforementioned substances.

Quality sleep, good diet, and exercise seem to work much better for me, at least.