Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rx meds for pets
Thank you all for your help. Special thanks to Charon for all the links. I am much obliged......my pets say THANK YOU!!! s
Agree thanks Charon for the links......who knew?
OR
Wow, thank you so much. My dog gets horrible infections in her ears (usually yeast infections) and the get visit plus medication is twice as much as it is online. She is aggressive and the get lives far away so this will really help her out. Thanks Charon!
(04-14-2017, 02:03 PM)Charon Wrote: The meds from vets are normally filled by a regular pharmacy.  I have always found them to be the same meds as humans receive.

Maybe later i shall have time to look.  I did animal rescue for years.  Maybe I can find a site for pet meds.  I know if u don't have proof u r a rescue group, or working with a vet, u may not get the injectibles one uses for their shots.

I had to get the IV saline solutions a lot as i raised hour old kittens whose mom had been killed.  Or, whom could not take care of the babies.

I know there are magazines i used to receive wherein one could order pet meds, esp the basic heart guard and flea preventatives.

Rats.  Maybe as my tea works, my brain will recall some sites.

that's right. Pets are often prescribed human meds. Our rescue dog was put on prozac (Fluoxetine) because he spent so long in a shelter waiting to be rehomed  Sad We kept him on it for a while and got the prescriptions from the vet but quickly realised it was exactly the same Fluoxetine as prescribed for humans.
Thank you this is gold.. Being able to purchase Heartguard without a RX....I hate it how Vets require a visit just to refill on heartworm medicine.. ( Vet visit charge + Heartworm blood work test) ads up to over $100.... mesquite season is right around the corner
Heart worms ....

Living so close to bayous and swamps, heartworms are
prevalent here... I had Newfoundland's , they all were found to have
heartworms ... The Vet meds and treatment, over time was costly...

Luckily, the fella at the old "Voth Rd Feed Store" had been a vet and
told me about "ivermectin" ... He told me to,
"Squirt the whole tube of it into a jar and put in 30 cc's of water, mix
completely. Then, using a big syringe, give them 1 cc of the mix for
every 10 lbs of body weight (120 lbs would get 12 cc's) spread out over 3 days,

He said to spread out the doses over a 3 day period and if any of them started acting strange,
stop the doses till they acted normal... Then continue...

He said that the "shots" the vets give out , put the heartworms in a suspended animation,
while the ivermectin, kills them.... They eventfully die and dissolved in their system...

10 years later, my dogs didn't have ANY heartworms ... No side effects ... and
lived to an old age ....

and it still works

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
the real horror is trying to get antibiotics on the side. i need them regularly. (no immune system)

all the pet shops i looked at recently when i found Prince Harry out back, demanded a vet confirmation. well if i could afford that, both of us would have gone to the vet for treaTMENT.

so if worse comes to worse, u get fish antibiotics. i can only take amoxci and ??penicillan. i should be more careful about that one cuz me mother could die from penicillian. forget spelling, k? But they have not killed me or other people whom find themselves suddenly poor and therefore use the fish antibiotics.

Beautiful dogs. We took in all animals cuz we had a two family house in Scarsdale. sighs. stolen by my sister and late husband.

I tend toward German Shepherds as I trust them with kids, with attack training, with love. Never had a problem. But neighbors would get scared. My father gave away my first german shepherd due to the neighbors. So i became an attack dog trainer so no one could take my dog from me ever again.

i was too little to wear the attack suit. i could only wear the sleeve.

Now, I have Prince Harrison the Great Feral to protect me. Amongst other hidden devices.

I love dogs. All of them. And cats. I wanted to meet a lion but i read too much. Carole Burnetts producer husband when she lived in Scarsdale, saw me with my attack equipment. on the train. wanted me for a commercial. But hell no. Unless i raised and trained the dog myself, i would not trust em. One idiot makes a loud noise in the background and the animal would have attacked. not his fault.

Man, u Texans do go large dont cha, Ice? Newfoundlands are large as i recall.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Good news Ice... I remember when treating a heart worm was risky for the dog I am happy to hear that has gotten better...

I recall Newfoundland as being a tall slender dog with shaggy dark gray hair,,, memory from the annual Westminister dog show...

I have not had a dog in 18 or so years because I can not handle the departure,,, Now I only feed wildlife in the back yard,,, I named all the fox squirrels,,, I have a cardinal I call Flappy I did not realize for quite a while that the bird only has one leg and that is why he is always flapping his wings,,, for balance... Flappy is a dominant male which is surprising to me,,, he kicks butt for feeder space...
This is not a pic of my dog, but this one looks identical
to mine .... Bear

[Image: ezi0q8o.png]

Then I opted for a Great Pyrenees .... Harley

[Image: q8jeHu8.jpg]

( not to be confused with a Kuvasz)

[Image: H70hsGT.png]

Both were very lovable,
until riled up on the defense

I still miss ole Bear, that dog could almost read

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Gorgeous dogs all of them.

Maybe he could read. I swear Prince Harry knows all that I say.

Thank u for sharing. Just gorgeous.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel