Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA gov blockins urls but not homepage ?
So, I went to my vendor of mag, and I can saw the item on the list, but when I click there it sent me to a 404 not found. I talked with the seller, and seller told me that the exactly url was working on their site. So, basically I was available to see   www.example.com but not www.example.com/buy-mag

So I tried with a none USA proxy, and guess what ? www.example.com/buy-mag was there !  So I tried with different proxies from different USA states, and in some where working and on others was a 404 not found results! 
Anybody have any news on this ? anybody found the same problem ?
Thanks , I can`t believe this is actually happen. It is kinda silly they are actually doing this.
I don't think that's specifically a U.S issue. Sounds more like a technical glitch. If their server is located in another country idk if it's possible to block a specific link from here. If that were the case, why not just block the entire site... Seems odd.
I've had strange things like this happen and then resolve themselves later in the day. But I'm not a tech guy so maybe someone more knowledgeable could chime in and determine if this scenario is even possible.

By the way, I think this thread may belong in the general discussion thread rather than the vendors thread. If so perhaps Charon could move it? Thanks Smile
Den
Well, Actually It have a sense.
You go to the site you hear, or you ever use and if you see it offline, you simple email the owner or type on google the keyword. And the owner simple replace it, USA banned the .com ? they made the.co ? they banned the .co ? they made the .business , etc, etc ,e tc
But, now if you go to your site, and you see it online but the product is "offline" you will think that they simple do not have it .
They can ban a site by country doesnt the uk block pirate bay?
(04-05-2017, 02:22 AM)kristof Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 01:07 AM)Rattzo Wrote: They can ban a site by country doesnt the uk block pirate bay?

They can but then there would be a page pop-up that says that the goverment or food/med organization (idk the right word) blocked the whole website,not just 1,2 or 3 pages.
If it only says error 404 ist nothing to do with the goverment.

Also try other web browsers.

Cheers,
KR.  Smile

I did tried another browser and the results was, like I told, with a none USA proxy I was available to see the link.
On piratebay they did not block it, they seized the domain. But it did not work cause now piratebay.to is online, is like I told you. Seized a domain is actually a dumb thing.