Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports- Major League BaseBall- Scores & Talk
Hi, this thread is for all Major League BaseBall Scores and Talk. 

All teams are fine.

Season just started so we can follow along all the way to the World Series....

We had a lot of fun last year with the Cubs winning it ALL.

So I hope we can have some fun !   Big Grin 

So yesterday the Cubs and Cards played.

the score;
Cardinals 4, Cubs 3

I know Ms Hepburn will not be happy with this.

Are there any other members that have teams they follow.

Put them down and talk about them in this thread.
Cubs 2, Cardinals 1

Tuesday Game
4/6/17

Box Score.

Cubs 6, Cardinals 4
Today the Cubs get their World Series Rings as Champs.

This did not post with rankings very readable but I'm just going to leave it.
(They are all messed up like me) maybe it can be deciphered with a slight bit of effort

Article link

MLB Power Rankings: Orioles, Mets and Nationals chasing the Cubs for No. 1 spot

[*]By [color=var(--body-font-color)]Matt Snyder [/color]
6h ago
We're about a week and a half into the 2017 baseball season and most teams have had their home opener festivities, so now we're getting up on the grind. The special, hopeful "clean slate" feelings from Opening Day have worn down and we get right into the marathon portion of the season that true die-hards embrace. We can probably distance ourselves from the overreactions and start to react a bit -- all the while keeping in mind just how much season is left and realizing that personnel eventually settles. As the saying goes, water finds its level. 
So, no, I don't expect the RedsAngelsDiamondbacks and Twins in the playoffs while the Blue Jays and Cardinals remain awful. The Cubs at 5-2 seems about right, though, just as the Mets and Nationals being tied for first in the NL East does. 
Overall, though, we can't go overboard with what we've seen. We're starting to react and judge without forgetting everything we thought we knew before the season started. The Blue Jays still have more talent than the Phillies. The Cardinals are still far more likely to push for a playoff berth than the Reds. I'm pretty confident in saying the Indians won't finish behind the Twins, too. 
Still, how fun has the upside-down start been? In my last preseason edition of the Power Rankings, I worried that baseball was becoming too predictable on a season-by-season basis. The consensus seemed to be that the Red Sox, Indians, Astros, Nationals, Cubs and Dodgers would be the division winners with a few obvious wild cards (Blue Jays, Mets) hanging around. 
Given that, a week and a half of seeing teams like the Reds, Diamondbacks, Twins and Angels thrive has been awfully fun. Think about the fans, too. I mentioned above the "clean slate" feeling. Think about the Twins last year, starting the season 0-6. You know lots of Twins fans were envisioning something similar this season. Instead, they jumped out to a 5-1 start and fans were probably ecstatic. 
That's pretty cool. I'm all for any fan base getting to have some fun, even if it's fleeting. 
As for the rankings below, we have to start to give credit (or blame) for what we've seen without going crazy. Even with the Indians being swept by the Diamondbacks, for example, I don't think the D-Backs are better than the Indians. Sorry. We're still a few weeks away from judging only what we've seen during the season. 
Read More
Biggest Movers

Rk
Teams
Chg
Rcrd
Cubs
--
5-2

Orioles
4-2

Mets
5-3

Nationals
5-3

Dodgers
4-4

Indians
4-3

Tigers
5-2

Red Sox
4-3

Astros
5-4

Diamondbacks
7-2

Angels
6-2

Rockies
6-3

Twins
5-2

Reds
6-2

Rays
5-3

Marlins
4-3

Rangers
2-5

Giants
3-6

Athletics
4-4

Yankees
3-4

Blue Jays
1-6

Pirates
3-4

Cardinals
2-6

Padres
4-5

Royals
2-5

Mariners
2-7

Brewers
3-5

Phillies
3-5

White Sox
2-4

Braves
1-6

Was really happy the cubies finally did last season. I to live in one of the best sports cities in North America and our Hockey has one of the longest drought in NA sports. Although our future finally looks good and no one thought we'd have the season we had and we are in the playoffs we have to play the best team in the league in the first round. Anyway baseball we've been to the playoffs the past two years and would have been playing those cubs if we had beat that team from Cleveland (who buy the way signed our best RBI guy over the summer) but I digress we are off to the worst start in franchise history. Our pitching has been good as it was expected to be but or much maligned "one of the deepest lineups" in baseball has been anemic at best. I know we're only 7or8 games in we are in the toughest division in the American league and if we don't pull it off this year or next year tops we will be in trouble. Not only do we have the oldest avg in the AL the juggernaut that is the Yankees with the payroll they got and the free agent class coming up at the end of the season ie Bryce Harper, Eric Hosmer among others are window is closing. I'm confident that they can turn it around. If not our MLS team is still really good
Well that anemic offense seems like it is on life support. But that is not my beef today I just saw the interview the Toronto media had with Orioles coach that troll of person Buck Showalter wearing a Washington Capitals jersey like he knows the first thing about hockey when he doesn't even know his own sport. I'm surprised he's not complaining about how the leafs are some how cheating!? I never say this but I think he's a reprehensible human being
Just to back up my last post about a certain manager and his perpencity for being a douche bag. I don't know if anybody saw Machados late slide into second and spiking Pedroia's calf. Mr D bag Showalter says he saw nothing wrong with the slide that he absolutely tried to take out Pedro's with. I'm not one to stick up for the Red Sox but when a player intentionally try to hurt another one I think and the coach dismiss it instead of just saying I didn't see it or he shouldn't have done it. I don't know I'm just saying
So the NFL had the draft and the Va. Tech QB was not drafted , big surprise.

Now I bet he wishes he would have stayed for the College season, oh geez it s so hard to know what to do.
Maybe I should ask for a change to the thread title to include football, whoops' daisy, but it is ok after all it is sports thread so post it if ya got it. Tongue  

anyway, the cubs and yanks are tied in the 12th inning could not sleep at first so had been watching it.
gosh the cubs just missed a good chance to score but grounded out to end the inning with runners on 2 and 3rd.

going to the 14th now.

well trying to sleep again.
Hey Audrey ok I will open it up, but did they win last night in the extra innings?

Oh let me go see.

Oh no 5-4 loss in 18 innings

and in the 12th runners on 2 & 3 .

Yep open it up Audrey.