Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Christie to combat opioid & drug abuse
President Trump has appointed Chris Christie (little bulldog) to head up a commission to combat Opioid and drug abuse.  He has
been successful at doing this (the article) say in his home state of New Jersey, where he is governor.

That made this morning's news. I think many people are going to pay attention on both sides, I am interested in hearing reactions and maybe some of the comments should be in the 50+ site, is so maybe Charon or someone else could start a conversation there.
Chris Christie has an excellent story to tell.  Everyone is behind this. Trump is a master of flashy ceremonies, BIG meetings with no consequential action, BIG executive orders that are NOT laws, and basically there is so much ignorance around this subject and I can't get appropriate, monitored, pain relief. The whole thing just makes me sad.
I hope he will take a harm-reduction, decriminalization tack with competent care for individuals who abuse opioids, while leaving those who need them alone. But, I'm cautiously optimistic at best. I hope this doesn't turn into something like what happened with the "meth epidemic," after which now getting certain allergy medicines is extremely difficult.
I just want Chris to go away , but its a personal thing lol
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !
(03-29-2017, 06:53 PM)hqinmaine Wrote: Chris Christie has an excellent story to tell.  Everyone is behind this. Trump is a master of flashy ceremonies, BIG meetings with no consequential action, BIG executive orders that are NOT laws, and basically there is so much ignorance around this subject and I can't get appropriate, monitored, pain relief. The whole thing just makes me sad.

What do you mean he has an excellent story to tell?  I am afraid this is not going away and just wondering what the ones of us that need the meds are going to do?  Christie scares me though .
Oh no, in other countries they send addicts to rehab. We jail them and shame them instead of treating their actual problem. I legitimately need pks for several conditions but even with my insurance the deductible is 12k. They pay almost nothing. I have to choose between feeding my kids and copays and deductibles so it's an easy choice.