Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd Dreams/ Benzos
Hi MadHatter!  Smile

I've been through tapers, countless cold turkeys, and seen many, many do the same.

You said you take approximately 4mgs of X throughout the day? Sometimes lower?

In the "tapering world" of benzos, or even should a person not tapering forget a dose, especially the benzos with a short half-life such as X has, even ONE mg is a HUGE drop, and MANY get more symptoms over that loss of 1mg than just the dream issues. Especially because you've been on that same dose for 7 years.

This has happened to me, a lot of friends of mine, and MANY people who are acquaintances of mine.  Often with far, far more symptoms than the odd dreaming.  A very common symptom of even a small drop in dose is depersonalization and derealization.  And one mg of the shorter acting benzos is not as small as many people think.  It's actually considered quite a large dose. 

I hope you are doing well.  Shy

Abigail  Heart
(03-31-2017, 12:51 PM)Abigail Wrote: Hi MadHatter!  Smile

I've been through tapers, countless cold turkeys, and seen many, many do the same.

You said you take approximately 4mgs of X throughout the day? Sometimes lower?

In the "tapering world" of benzos, or even should a person not tapering forget a dose, especially the benzos with a short half-life such as X has, even ONE mg is a HUGE drop, and MANY get more symptoms over that loss of 1mg than just the dream issues. Especially because you've been on that same dose for 7 years.

This has happened to me, a lot of friends of mine, and MANY people who are acquaintances of mine.  Often with far, far more symptoms than the odd dreaming.  A very common symptom of even a small drop in dose is depersonalization and derealization.  And one mg of the shorter acting benzos is not as small as many people think.  It's actually considered quite a large dose. 

I hope you are doing well.  Shy

Abigail  Heart

Thank you for being so kind my friend, well the dreams are still very lucid, and well I am going to start a dream journal.  Maybe I dropped to quick
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !
Dream journals are a good idea. I always tell myself after having very lucid dreams that stay with me all day to write them down but never do...

For me, benzos have always been a way of AVOIDING remembering my dreams. A few Xanax before bed and that's it, wake up to the sound of my alarm refreshed, never groggy for more than 30 minutes and a coffee. That being said, when I would take morphine for pain I would experience night terrors (TBH I never minded them because I would 'consciously' awake in the morning and just remember WOW, those were some scary thoughts. HOWEVER, my SO would tell me I would wake her up by screaming in my sleep and talking either angrily or in a pleading tone, and actually quite coherently. She would rub me and try to wake me but I would just calm down and stop screaming/shouting and get silent.

After hearing this from her for a few weeks I would say alright, no more, and up my dose of Xanax or halcion at nighttime so she could get more rest. I'd wake up refreshed and my SO would tell me that I would only mumble a few times throughout the night but was much better and certainly no screaming.

Even in periods when I would only be taking benzodiazepine medication, lowering my dosage down to even 1 mg at night, I would never remember my dreams. I would only start remembering them after a few weeks when they had, for the most part, cleared my system. I used to think they were 'odd dreams' but to be honest, I'm not sure that's the case because I would have been so used to not remembering any dreams that I wasn't convinced that those dreams were deviations from one of my 'normal dreams' if that makes any sense.

I like remembering odd dreams. I actually love remembering any dreams!

I don't scare easily and after months of just waking in the morning getting ready for work, it's a relief, for me at least, to reflect in the shower in the morning at what a crazy adventure I had in my dream or ponder why certain faces/people from my life were involved. Why the setting in the dream was a specific combination of the different stages of my life, my age in the dream relative to others, how different things were intertwined and so on. O and yeah, I used to take a lot of 'lucy in the sky' when I was in college. LOL
There is a paradox reaction to Benzos and the reason is GABA polymorphisms. I heard of many who mention crazy kind of dreams or nightmares. Or dream states during the day. Initiation of therapy with antiepileptics or short acting benzos can do that. I had a friend who was taking heavy hypnotics , they were calling them Barbs in old days, to cure such dreams cuz he was terrified. But you have to change dose for both drugs to get rid of it since they are RX by your doc. Talk to him maybe he switch to other than Xanax benzo or reduce the Gaba dose. I feel you have to sort it out with him first. Good luck.
(04-04-2017, 08:03 PM)nickolyko Wrote: There is a paradox reaction to Benzos and the reason is GABA polymorphisms. I heard of many who mention crazy kind of dreams or nightmares. Or dream states during the day. Initiation of therapy with antiepileptics or short acting benzos can do that. I had a friend who was taking heavy hypnotics , they were calling them Barbs in old days, to cure such dreams cuz he was terrified. But you have to change dose for both drugs to get rid of it since they are RX by your doc. Talk to him maybe he switch to other than Xanax benzo or reduce the Gaba dose. I feel you have to sort it out with him first. Good luck.

Well I am prescribed 2800mg of Gabapententin a day, I only take 0ne, along with my zans, its one 800mg tablet
(03-28-2017, 10:11 PM)themadhatter420 Wrote: I have really never post a thread, I stay low key, but I am wanting some advice if I could, or opinion on my life.  Alright I take 800mg Gabapentin In the morning , then 1mg xanax 4 times a day , < depends on mood >  I walk 2 miles everyday. < I am vegetarian who sought out a dietician before my journey>   I was just curious if anyone has crazy dreams borderline dreams.  Like I am living an alternative life in my dreams.  Am I lucid dreaming?  Some opinions would be nice my fellow friends   Also I sweat terribly in the mornings after I start the day, IDK , it just started, al this oddness.  AND this is under a MD controlled regiment <rx wise>

for real, like how bad?
I have never had crazy dreams with benzos but still remember how SSRI's caused me to dream so vividly and lucidly that I would be mentally shattered when waking up.
(04-15-2017, 07:00 AM)Leesus83 Wrote: I have never had crazy dreams with benzos but still remember how SSRI's caused me to dream so vividly and lucidly that I would be mentally shattered when waking up.

I certainly have noticed extreme vivid dreams which I can't remember in the morning, I just know I have had a colorful vivid dream. Meds being Diaz, lyrica, quetiapine, mirtazapine. 
Looking at my list I am not surprised my dreams are out of this world, yet unrememberable....... if that makes any kind of sense