Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big Pharma doesn't want you to know Vit C Cures
vit c is also very good for your skin.
(03-22-2017, 01:59 PM)cmdline Wrote: i always take such articles with grain of salt.firstly theres no shortage of vitamin c,one can use in bulk,but secondly since its not stone age we get a lot more vit c daily with food,fruits all year long,juices,veg etc .And given acidity doubt any person need to eat full lemon a day.Same could be said about vitamin B group deficiency causes people to stress or get depressed,when in many cases its more outside factors that influence mood.

only thing i can say that vitamin market is second largest after pharma,selling supplements vitamins they make billions each year,take a look at amazon some fancy complex could easily run one into 50$ for few weeks supply.

i do believe lemon mint tea is benefit when having flu,or taking occasional multivitamin complex.but doubt theres hidden secrets that one should take 10x recommended dosage.

Agree.  Also, there's a lot of evidence that megadosing antioxidants does the body harm:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi...ts/277947/
Lots of vitamin c just shortened a really bad cold I had. I started drinking the emergencee drinks and was shocked myself at how effective they were.
I saw a video a while back on the benefits of high doses of Vit C and started taking 4000mg of time-released C a say and I have to say I haven't had a cold or the flu since...I was always getting colds at least twice a year...especially just before Christmas, but can safely say I haven't had one for four years now.

I've read it also helps to stop cancerous tumours...so I'll keep taking it every day now. Plus Omega 3 oils, Cumin in my food and Glucosamine for my joints. It can't hurt and I do feel great.
I haven't had the flu in many many years, i do not get the shot and I consistently take Vit c, B 12.. they seem to help with immune and energy for me. I would recommend vitamins over a shot to anyone. I am very aware of germs though.. Maybe Vitamin C, I've heard a lot about this too. Can't hurt to try it. It has worked, as far as preventing cold(s) and flu, for me. Can't remember the last time I was sick honestly (knock on wood).

Cutstack, I agree, the emergen-C is great stuff!
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser
This all sounds good and hope it works but make sure you do the research on the flip side. Your body can only handle so much and most of it just dissapates. I added a short little entertaining video of some of the history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29v6rNFjlLI
It's kind of funny how you read one thing and you're like "Gotta get some vitamin C!"  Then you read another article and realize "I already take way too many vitamins."   Vitamin C is an important one though, it's one of the three I take daily.  In my youth, I think I was sometimes over-doing it taking fifteen a day while working at a vitamin store.  A 30 percent discount will do that to ya right quick.