Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seroquel (preferably samply size)
I know technically it's an anti-psychotic but a long time ago I was prescribed it for sleep and if my memory serves me correctly it worked great.

Though that was a long time ago and I've changed so to see if it would help with my current needs a sample size would be nice.

Thanks
I personally have been on Seroquel (Quetiapine) prescribed now for about 7 years. And as you said, technically an anti-psychotic - I use it only at nighttime. I've actually found that with this medicine, when used for sleep, lower doses will knock you out more. I was on 50mg to start and it was putting me out so I bumped up gradually and am now on 200mg and it does a much better job. Can take it about an hour before desired time to go to bed, and have zero drowsiness when I awake.
I hope you find what you need, I will keep my eyes open for you.
Andy
Just for a verying opinion my doc tried me on sero and it killed me in the morning, made me feel like the walking dead so different for eveyone i guess.I reccoment start off small 20mg.
I concur with Lunar, works great for sleep in lower doses. Unlike Ambien, I can sleep without it too. Whenever I take Ambien, I can't sleep the following nigh.
The higher the dose, the more zombie like you will be in the AM.
(03-07-2016, 12:18 PM)roxydan Wrote: Just for a verying opinion my doc tried me on sero and it killed me in the morning, made me feel like the walking dead so different for eveyone i guess.I reccoment start off small 20mg.

agreed.  seroquel annihilates me in more ways than one; hangover, weight gain, night terrors.  All anti psychotics do this to me.
(08-13-2016, 07:38 PM)teddy1998 Wrote:
(03-07-2016, 12:18 PM)roxydan Wrote: Just for a verying opinion my doc tried me on sero and it killed me in the morning, made me feel like the walking dead so different for eveyone i guess.I reccoment start off small 20mg.

agreed.  seroquel annihilates me in more ways than one; hangover, weight gain, night terrors.  All anti psychotics do this to me.

I do have some vivid dreams on seraquel....... the ones with my ex-wife in them could probably qualify as night terrors.
Ha Rangar it is hilarious ha But I do have dreams of my ex without been on seroquel..usually whan I take morph pills and I dont know why. A nightmare in did. She was the worst human I even know. It has nothing to do with her sex, I love women more than enything in this woril. But seroquel still belongs to major atypical antipsychotics not any pleasure exept if you start having hallucinations it is not a drug of choice for insomnia or anxiety.
I stop used seroquel. Got dissiness when getting up, thought i Would faintba couple times.
I will say again try to stay away from antipsychotics, as Costro said above. Also if nothing else helps it is unlikely that an antipsychotic will help. The dose will be high and side effects will not worth the attempt to sleep. They also have very unpleasant and even dangerous side effects and a chronic impact on health, causing significant weight gain, even high blood glucose not to mention sexual dysfunction. Maybe a solution can be using a short half live together with a long half life hypnotic. In combination they should work fine.