Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What ever happened to Darvocet/Darvon?
Just curious if anyone knows why there's no more Darvocet or Darvon? Or is it still available in some countries?

The few times I had it I found it very effective, minimal side effects, and it didn't leave me with those awful 'day after' hangovers like so many other PKs. Also didn't seem to build up tolerance so quickly.

Tram is the closest thing currently, but Darvon was better IMO.
Darvon, Darvocet were pulled from market due to potentially fatal heart problems....my sister was one of the victims.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
i am so sorry popster for ur loss. i bet she was a glorious sister. you will see her again, i believe.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

One final word...thank you Charon and ff. She was indeed a glorious sister. One of the last in the USA to have polio...just before the vaccinations began. She had the worst case I have ever seen...she looked like an Aushwitz victim. Some of the treatments she received were not far removed from medieval torture. (look up Polio/Halo) Drilling holes in her skull to hold a halo that held a bar that held the spine straight.
Even me at 11 years old knew this procedure was wrong...it was the beginning of my distrust of doctors.

Yes a glorious sister...kind, generous, wise beyond her years for all her suffering....when she died (on a Sunday morning while reading the newspaper) they called it suicide....cause she kept her empty Darvon bottles....suicide my ass. It was the Darvon that caused her heart to finally give out.

Her smile lit up the world and still blooms in my heart. Dear Christine was an inspirational to all who knew her...pretty too...was a finalist candidate for the Easter Seal Poster Child. My family loved her dearly...we all took care of her.....Gosh I miss her Sad

I've said too much, my hear is heavy...gotta go.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
yes Kristof, thank you for your post and thoughts....especially about the "going to bed with mixed feelings"...I apologize.

This is why I don't post such thoughts and experiences...I have zero interest in making anyone sad...I got caught in the moment and before I knew it I was expressing old wounds not healed because they are "not in that bracket".
Darvocet and Darvon took a lot of souls who were not aware of the drug's implications and dangers.
this is the first i have heard of any of this. it is beyond belief. ah, so therein began ur mistrust in doctors as Gods as they so want to be.
They used us all with horrific polio vaccines. We were guinea pigs. I am so sorry such a beautiful soul is above, watching with a smile, as u live ur life to the fullest.

I understand so much more about you. We are a family. Yes, sometimes what we say can provoke sadness in another. But i think kristof wanted to pray.

We are all blessed you shared. Her love for you is in every tree you photograph. In every leaf. You will see her again.

Peace my friend. If you cannot share here, then this is no longer a family but more of a frat house. ah, no.

May u be blessed with peace tonight.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

I was on Darvocet years ago. I loved it cuz I could take a Darv and still go to work. My doctor was prescribing Darv & Baclofen for my back pain. Then, he took me off of the Darv. I was so mad. After hearing Popster's story, I feel so ignorant and a bit of a spoiled ass. Thanks for sharing your story Popster. You made me realize that things in life could be worst. God Bless you for sharing your story. I'm sure it will help others besides myself. Thanks again Popster.
I am deeply touched by all your posts...you have reminded me that sharing matters.
ff...you are one of the reasons I shared Smile