Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEA Drops Inaccurate Cannabis Claims From Website
I saw this in a email I get from Leafly. Leafly is a pro legalization web site. The DEA has dropped the statement that Cannabis is a Gateway drug. Their were some statements that the teenage cannabis use has not grown with legalization. With legalized cannabis they require you to be 18 and they check Id's. Hopefully this will open more doors toward states legalizing and the law being changed at a federal level. I just thought this was interesting and wanted to share.
Well with the way Trump's presidency is going, I don't see anything changing at the federal level. His administration and congress have no interest in taking steps towards legalizing it. The ignorance is astounding. Marijuana could be a cash cow from taxes (example: Colorado). On top of that, study after study has shown it to be effectively harmless and actually beneficial for certain types of medical conditions such as seizures and autism. But hey, who listens to scientists these days? /s
Yah I have to concur with MUSEical. The current administration is set to vilify MM all over again. We took 3 steps foward over the last few years and 4 steps back in little over a month. I don't understand why they would want to do this but apperently the costs of for profit prisons are worth more than tax revenue that could be generated from recreational use tax. It seriously boggles my mind. It's far from a gateway drug. That's the 1950's calling and they want there quote back.. lol
"Love your life and love others around you"
I agree with what many of you have said. But let me tell you something VERY interesting...

I have many friends in marketing/advertising and they've all told me the number of cannabis companies popping out of the ground like weeds (no pun intended) is about to make them a WHOLE lot of money. Even the few states that have legalized it.

Yes, federal legalization most likely won't happen and there will always be a big push-back from big pharma. But me thinks business is about to start boomin'.
I hope that is true Texas chemist !!
Seems like they are just reverting to the early 1900's propaganda to scare the common folk about the dangerous devils lettuce. I mean seriously. After all the science behind cannabis and we're back to the early scare tactics. Just brush it off. The majority of the common world has realized what a help cannabis has become and government propaganda will not stray people's beliefs like it used to.
"Love your life and love others around you"
its still early days while its good to see US actually implementing on decriminalizing cannabis,as seen Colorado benefits of billion into budget,is smth countries could learn.but with that said there was some sort of article on trump double downing on war on drugs ?EU is as bad since besides Netherlands and few countries where its classed on higher schedule,many people think its gateway to hell,and then if its not bad pharma companies try to patent drugs,further preventing any steps into legalizing it,and keeping politicians under their tab.

its most natural drug,yet alcohol is on every corner-given how many fights.families and deaths it causes yearly,and comparing that to cannabis where one gets munchies and good sleep,and only piece comes to mind,it shows that people in power ,actually rather get paid by likes of pharma and ignore it,then actually owning to mistakes and re thinking whats good or bad for people.