Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff like this-dog related subject
So while everyone is worried about politics and collectible magazines arriving-  me included – just saw our oldest hounder had a cut on his face. He might've got it playing with his sibling.  But he never got it before, and they have never ever had a fight before. Maybe it is from something else, but it looks like a bite mark which is weird. Kind of depressed about the whole thing, as between the blizzard snow; rain; melt( then freeze;  things kind of sapped my mental  and physical strength lately.  Those of you with big dogs, like shepherds or Akita's or Huskies, don't want to get too specific if you get my drift, but if anyone wants to chime in: how bad of a cut Would a large dog you have taking care of have to be in order to take it to the vet?  It had some dried blood on it but just looks like too bad tick bites, so wasn't like it is still bleeding or anything actively. No worries if people don't know; just throwing it out there. Thanks and hope everyone is having a good winter.  At least Black sails iand homeland and the amazing Super Bowl have been good fun.
If it's just a puncture I wouldn't take him in. I'd clean it with mild soap & water and keep an eye on it so it doesn't get infected. They can't really do anything else if it's not a gash that needs stiches.
Hey celts - How is your dog?
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain
hey guys been a while. Well bubba is fine as of course that healed. But then after our last storm our youngest blew out her other knee. When a medium to large dog blows out one ccl, usually the other follows. So surgery worked ten months ago to fix the one knee, and we got it asap after her injury so been 15 days and cautiously optimistic as had a good day today. She is so amazing, as the breed she is, to be as patient as she has been. Just hate the pain meds, and hope they soon have cannabis pain meds for dogs. Sorry seeing my baby girl on heavy pain meds, umm no thx. As for humanization of pets, umm yup we love our dogs. If that is humanization, we are guilty. Thx all. Least she had fun in the snow, and this is heavy tick season so timing could be worse. Hope to use water and swimming therapy for both dogs as they age. Hope everyone is well. ps Homeland season finale had tears pouring down again, oh that Carey, love her!

ps Thx Reilli for the advice; helped to the next worry haha. oh well gotta laugh, and she is improving. If live is just about seeing through tasks, no point to it. We all deserve to laugh a bit. peace