Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zhyrdro
A couple of years ago I heard the were coming out with a new ER version of Hydrophone. Does any body of any experience or any details you can share. I know you cannot tyalk about this on a open forum. I am a relative Newbie and want to stay in the rules. I cannot PM but I can get PM if you can give me any information at all. I am just looking for very general information. Of I do not PM back it is because I am still waiting for "magic number 50"

Thanks
A couple years ago is were you are going to find the med and the doctor to give it to you. you cant find that med with a 4 year old 10 foot poll.sorry I wish we could,i tried it a couple of times way back,worked good.it was a good med that came out at the wrong year. Good Luck.
I remember this too, inpain2, it was in response to the amount of acetaminophen in the ingredients, as I recall and it harming the kidneys.

But I have not heard if it is doing the job as it was intended or not, hmmm

Was highly anticipated then the way on P. k.'s , Started is most likely what happened, not good.
I was given it so I wouldn't take so much tyl-acet,it was a time released hydrocodone-'r,back then you couldn't get blue30s unless you had brain cancer.i cant recall that far back,but would say 7-10 years ago? I dunno I'm getting too old!- your cafe's crackin',good readin.thanks.
Totally OT: but, u r correct Mrchuckey. A hydrophone is a microphone designed to be used underwater for recording or listening to ... Not to be confused with hydraulophone, a musical instrument.

Just sayin.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

I read an article stating less than 10k scripts a yr are written for it. It is a vik0 instead of an OSee. Very rare.
Zohydro is what esbane said. Yes it is very rare to get it , almost imposible in the states so few Rx for it and goes only in terminal care patients . But was 12 times more hydro that the usual 10/325 Vic so it can kill fast an unworried who thing it is safe to crush it since it is ER form. It was supposed to be banned by fda, there was 2 yes votes against 12 votes not to gain access in the states. But it was approved because money are always the biggest force behind drug industry.
(02-01-2017, 12:11 AM)Mrchuckey12 Wrote: There's no such thing as Hydrophone (sounds like an instrument lol). I think you're referring to the pure Hydrocodone tablets that came out.

You are absolutely correct. I was trying to not mess up on my post and that dang spell check got me. I meant Hydrocodone. It does sound like a good musical instrument though. The Zohydro I was talking about is similar to a Oxycontin ER. It is supposed to last for 12 hours and does not have Tylenol.

[/url] [url=http://zohydroer.com/patient/resource-zone.php]Here is how it is described . Given the time it came out and all of the bad PR it was doomed from the start i am afraid.

I hope it was okay to quote it from the web site. I put it in double quote. I was just asking about it for education reasons.

Thanks Eddie

"How is Zohydro® ER different from other long-acting opioids?
The only active ingredient in Zohydro® ER is hydrocodone bitartrate. Zohydro ER is the only 12-hour version of this pain medication available today without acetaminophen. Other long-acting opioids have different dosing schedules, different doses, or different ingredients, such as oxycodone or hydromorphone."
Just because these thread is under the whose got it section, so to stay on topic is there any source for this Zohydro in the iop world ? It will be shocking to know that already Zohyd found it's way to people with real pain problems, because I dont believe that it is prescribed to the numbers that it should by physisians through the system .
I am sorry about the spell check and the Hydrophone. Does sound like a sound device

I just checked in the PDR.net and the correct product name is zohydro ER. If it is listed in the PDR.net that they must be selling enough to llist it there. Once again sorry for the misspelling.

Regards Eddie

They put out this letter in July 2016. I bought some stock hoping it would go up in 2012

July 2016
FDA-Required REMS Program for Serious Drug Risks
Subject: Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) for all extended-release/long-acting opioid
analgesic drug products due to their risks of misuse, abuse, addiction, and overdose
Dear DEA-Registered Prescriber:
You are receiving this letter because you recently registered with DEA to prescribe Schedule II or III drugs. The
purpose of this letter is to inform you about a Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) that has been
required by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for all extended-release and long-acting (ER/LA) opioid
analgesic drug products.
ER/LA opioid analgesics are used for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock,
long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate. Because of the risks of
addiction, abuse and misuse with opioids, even at recommended doses, and because of the greater risks of
overdose and death with extended-release formulations, reserve ER/LA opioid analgesics for use in patients for
whom alternative treatment options (e.g. non-opioid analgesics or immediate-release opioids) are ineffective, not
tolerated, or would be otherwise inadequate to provide sufficient management of pain.
They can be safe and effective in appropriately selected patients when used as directed. However, opioid analgesics
are also associated with serious risks and are at the center of a major public health crisis of increased misuse,
abuse, addiction, overdose, and death.
FDA determined that a REMS was necessary to ensure that the benefits of ER/LA opioid analgesics continue to
outweigh their risks of adverse outcomes (addiction, unintentional overdose, and death) resulting from inappropriate
prescribing, abuse, and misuse. A REMS is a strategy to manage a known or potential serious risk associated with
a drug product. In the interest of public health and to minimize the burden on the healthcare delivery system of
having multiple unique REMS programs, the pharmaceutical companies subject to this REMS have joined together
to implement the REMS for all ER/LA opioid analgesic drug products.
The ER/LA Opioid Analgesic REMS has three principal components:
a) Prescriber training on all ER/LA opioid analgesics,
b) a Patient Counseling Document on Extended-Release/Long-Acting Opioid Analgesics (PCD), and
c) a unique Medication Guide for each ER/LA opioid analgesic drug product.
The branded and generic drug products subject to this REMS include all:
• extended-release, oral-dosage forms containing
- hydrocodone,
- hydromorphone,
- morphine,
- oxycodone,
- oxymorphone, or
- tapentadol;
• fentanyl and buprenorphine-containing transdermal delivery systems; and
• methadone tablets and solutions as well as buprenorphine-containing buccal films that are indicated for use as
analgesics.
Prescriber Action
Under the REMS, you are strongly encouraged to do all of the following:
• Train (Educate Yourself) — Complete REMS-compliant training on the ER/LA opioid analgesics offered by an
accredited provider of continuing education (CE) for your discipline. REMS-compliant training will: (a) be delivered
by accredited CE providers; (b) cover all elements of the FDA Blueprint for Prescriber Education for Extended-
Release and Long-Acting Opioid Analgesics (“FDA Blueprint”); © include a knowledge assessment; and (d) be
subject to independent audit of content and compliance with applicable accrediting standards.
PO Box 1730 • West Caldwell, NJ 07007