Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ttm2u 60mg codeine pills not working?
Hey, I don't know if this is the proper thread to post in but I ordered these for a wicked cough I had that has been ongoing for over a month now. I hoped this would finally suppress my cough, but when they arrived I took one and it didn't have the desired effects. I still had a cough, did not experience any pain reduction in my poor throat and I also felt nauseous for hours. I didn't have bowel movements for the next day and overall it was not what I expected. I know ~10% of people don't have the enzyme that converts codeine into whatever actually works in the liver, and I was wondering if my situation sounds like I'm one of those few unlucky people or if its something else I did.
Question posted above is important, everyone experiences codeine differently it seems. I have had their product and it worked for me.

For a bad cough, I usually load up on Guaifenesen (Mucinex) and if needed, Dextromorthophan syrup. Throw ibuprofen on top and hopefully you'll be good. Hope this helps.
They have been working strong for me...but as I stated in another thread, I feel like they were affecting me a bit differently...thought they might be causing emotional rollercoasters, for lack of a better word...
- Rust never sleeps
When I have a really sore throat/bad cough and whatever cough suppressant cold medicine just isn't doing the job, I buy the throat numbing spray. It's usually available in most drugstores. Tastes and feels weird, but it works. Smile
I've only had codeine one other time and it didn't seem to do much either, so possibly.

Actually it just came to me, I had T3's post wisdom teeth removal and they seemed to work just fine, I definitely would have noticed if they weren't then lol.
I got no itching from this, definitely constipation for a day though. I switched to a (very painful) throats spray that seems to do the trick. My throats feels raw and cut up right now, but hopefully once it heals the cough will stop
There is also the possibility that u have strep throat. Hope u r taking a basic antibiotic so that what u have does not turn into pneumonia.

if u feel u r getting worse, get zithromax. IN US and IOPs. It will prevent or stop pneumonia dead in its tracks.

Feel better.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Good point Charon. Donald you might have strep throat. Cod has little therapeutic value for this. Actually, if you get much Cod you suppress the cough reflex that might be bad for your lungs especially if you develop acute bronchitis or even atypical pneumonia. If you don't feel well and have fever try some Augmentin or zithromax. You can find easily both antibiotics. The reason you find weak the effects of cod is probably tolerance. Ttm2u is a good source many can tell you this. I hope you fell better and have good recovery soon.