Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seroquel vs Alprazolam for sleep
Seroquel for me would make me drowsy but unable to sleep with a tense feeling in my mind and then when i did go to sleep it would be for to long and still feeling groggy. Plus when I took it it would dry my eyes and make them shockingly red as if I had smoked something. I just couldn't tolerate them. I just through them away along with the other crap like geodon and lamictal away. What were those docs thinking. I was just complaining of depression and anxiety, and that's what they put me on. I would had rather stay home depressed than be able able to go out in public feeling like they made me feel. Terrible.
Xanax, although has sedative properties, isnt designed to induce sleep. Unless the reason behind your sleeplessness is anxiety (like you have a big presentation the next day), I wouldn't recommend it. Only in select situations, but please, xanax use can be a slippery slope

Seroquel is heavily sedative., and IS NOT recreational. It knocks people on their asses, but too high a dose and you'll be a zombie for the next day. Also it has nasty side effects like possible weight gain. Maybe it works in small doses, but personally i feel too groggy in the morning.
(11-06-2017, 01:33 AM)Chantilly Wrote: Xanax, although has sedative properties, isnt designed to induce sleep. Unless the reason behind your sleeplessness is anxiety (like you have a big presentation the next day), I wouldn't recommend it. Only in select situations, but please, xanax use can be a slippery slope

Seroquel is heavily sedative., and IS NOT recreational. It knocks people on their asses, but too high a dose and you'll be a zombie for the next day. Also it has nasty side effects like possible weight gain. Maybe it works in small doses, but personally i feel too groggy in the morning.

I use seroquel for sleep and it is not something you want to take rec.
Disabled Veteran.Heavily medicated for your safety Blush
I've always taken Xanax for sleep. The half life isn't too long and the drowsiness it induces puts me right out. After coffee in the morning I'm good to go. Halcion is another good one.
I dont think either is a good choice.

one is very addictive the other has serious side effects.

you would be better off using Z pills and old fashoned anti histimines

I know thats not an answer to your question, but I have taken both and despite my insomnia I would not use either for sleep