Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seroquel vs Alprazolam for sleep
I have been prescribed seroquel for sleep and although it works very well, the side effects are starting to bother me. Sometimes I just knock right out - while holding a glass of Snapple in my hands and then wake up - and pour it all over me. I also seem to be spacier during the day, and having a hard time making simple decisions. 
I know my doctor will not prescribe Xanax for sleep, but there are as everyone knows alternatives to that problem, but really interested if anyone else is taking seroquel and if they are having any noticeable side effects from it. Thanks!
(01-13-2017, 06:46 PM)hqinmaine Wrote: I have been prescribed seroquel for sleep and although it works very well, the side effects are starting to bother me. Sometimes I just knock right out - while holding a glass of Snapple in my hands and then wake up - and pour it all over me. I also seem to be spacier during the day, and having a hard time making simple decisions. 
I know my doctor will not prescribe Xanax for sleep, but there are as everyone knows alternatives to that problem, but really interested if anyone else is taking seroquel and if they are having any noticeable side effects from it. Thanks!

I used to take it for sleep as well.

I didnt care for it, so I quit. I would be so groggy and spacy the next day and it caused weight gain and problem with my blood sugars.

What dose are you taking?
If you dont get your alp dosage right, you will wakeup with the dreaded xanax hangover. Alp also causes IMO the most serious case of the munchies ever.
(01-13-2017, 07:46 PM)Pineapplepen Wrote:
(01-13-2017, 06:46 PM)hqinmaine Wrote: I have been prescribed seroquel for sleep and although it works very well, the side effects are starting to bother me. Sometimes I just knock right out - while holding a glass of Snapple in my hands and then wake up - and pour it all over me. I also seem to be spacier during the day, and having a hard time making simple decisions. 

I used to take it for sleep as well.

I didnt care for it, so I quit. I would be so groggy and spacy the next day and it caused weight gain and problem with my blood sugars.

What dose are you taking?

Thanks for replying. The dosage is 25 mg at night, but if I wake up at 2:00 or 3:00 am, I take another one. Too much?
Stay away from Seroquel . We have no need for antipsychotics . We are not so crazy yet to use antipsycotic drugs. Benzos will do the job there are many side effects with Seroquel and a brain wash like effect. I would stay away from it.
Good advice. I would not mess with it.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Do doctors prescribe Xanax for sleep?
IME they will script Atarax or Ambien for sleep. Xans are usually used more for anxiety.
You are exactly right. I was primarily prescribed xanax for panic attacks, and secondly for sleep. I do like it for sleep though because it didn't stay in my system long, and I woke up refreshed (as opposed to the weird Frankenstein state I seem to wake up now, with seroquel.) I am really tired of the doctors now prescribing off label uses of antidepressants for everything because of their fear of prescribing a "controlled" substance. In Maine, they declared LYRICA a controlled substance and I had to sign a contract to get it. Jeez.
they were promoting it like candy on their commercials. for depression. for pain of autoimmunes.

i remember a friend, whom felt no emotions whilst on it. so he hated that.

but, i did not see that coming, that u need to contract to receive lyrica. jeez, indeed.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel