Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seroquel vs Alprazolam for sleep
(08-29-2017, 01:48 PM)yellowdog Wrote: Ughh  I had  a terrible reaction to serequel.

apparently in uk prisons it is the only anti psych that can get sold.

I HATE the stuff

I had a friend that had a very bad reaction to serequel, whilst others its fine for. Certainly, will knock you out for 6. I can wake up still slurred and need about 4 coffees to beat it.

Not that I have had the privilege of being in prison as a life learning experience.
I find serequel sends me to sleep like a baby. Has helped my insomnia which is an added bonus.
I was prescribed that awhile back and at first it worked fine its one of those meds you can't fight you have to go right to bed on its hard to focus on anything else. Eventually the next day I was getting side effects like feeling like I wasn't really there, spaced out, in a dream like state. It started to freak me out so I had to quit taking it. Dr's love giving out that stuff since its not a benzo and not all that highly addictive I don't think.
I was given 100mg of Seroquel to help with sleep. It worked for awhile then I saw blood on the sheets and pillow. I asked the the doctor and and his response was some
patients scratch a lot during deep sleep and I must be one of them. It was a strange looking sight......so I stopped cold turkey, not a smart move but I'm much happier now : )              

Lockes

Hope everyone is doing fine today : )
I have had a very bad experience with Seroquel
It is good for sleeping but its side effects are very strong
I would recommend not using it at all
Seroquel is amazing for sleep. Side effects are terrible. Aprazolam actually gives me energy, so long as i take a light dose anyway. Anymore than a mg and im done. Of course i dont take daily. P
"Nobody owns life, but anyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death." -William S Burroughs
(09-23-2017, 06:29 PM)Gymnut123456 Wrote:
(01-13-2017, 06:46 PM)hqinmaine Wrote: I have been prescribed seroquel for sleep and although it works very well, the side effects are starting to bother me. Sometimes I just knock right out - while holding a glass of Snapple in my hands and then wake up - and pour it all over me. I also seem to be spacier during the day, and having a hard time making simple decisions. 
I know my doctor will not prescribe Xanax for sleep, but there are as everyone knows alternatives to that problem, but really interested if anyone else is taking seroquel and if they are having any noticeable side effects from it. Thanks!

I take 100 mgs of Seroquel and 1mg of Xanax at 9 pm and am out till 5-7 am ! I wake up not groggy and total functional ,but I've been on this route for 6 years .

This is a alot dose and has damage to your health

Be careful, my friend
I was put on 600mg of seroquil and was a zombie during the day. And the restless leg syndrome was terrible. No thanks I'll stick with the alps
As others have said Seroquil works well but has some awful side affects, I don't think Xanax is a better option though IMO. I have had similar side effects with Xanax, not quite as groggy but still a terrible hard time to wake up and just generally getting started in the morning. Would you not try something like ambien or a natural alternatives. I know that is not exactly what this forum is here for, but I have had great results with natural remedies, at least for sleep.
(10-14-2017, 11:56 PM)TruckKing1268 Wrote: As others have said Seroquil works well but has some awful side affects, I don't think Xanax is a better option though IMO. I have had similar side effects with Xanax, not quite as groggy but still a terrible hard time to wake up and just generally getting started in the morning. Would you not try something like ambien or a natural alternatives. I know that is not exactly what this forum is here for, but I have had great results with natural remedies, at least for sleep.

The problem with the Xanax is stopping it.  It's not a drug which is easy to stop. If one was to use a benzo, Xanax would not be the one for sleep. I would take midazolam anyday over Xanax because Xanax withdrawals are so much worse than midazolam withdrawal.
I take 150mg at night and it works like magic.
Disabled Veteran.Heavily medicated for your safety Blush