Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBD to be Schedule 1 on 1/13/17
Quote:DEA Upends Marijuana Industry For The Holidays

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dea-...0ed05a99ec

"anyone in a state that hasn’t passed medical marijuana legislation who has been getting their medicine delivered by CBD providers is probably going to have to figure something else out in 2017. I hear opiates are popular?"

Is this true? but if states don't have laws against CBD, will the federal govt really step in to regulate it? CBD is not even psychoactive, so this is only going to hurt patients.
Think they took the article down already. Couldn't bring it up.

(12-14-2016, 10:55 PM)Tbaronfl Wrote: Think they took the article down already. Couldn't bring it up.

What's a CBD?
Do not put off till tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well. - Mark Twain
(12-14-2016, 10:55 PM)Tbaronfl Wrote: Think they took the article down already. Couldn't bring it up.

What's a CBD?

it's a medically beneficial compound found in cannabis.

I dont know how legit this news source is, hopefully it is b.s. but they have the story too.

http://gfarma.news/headline-news/dea-may...t-god-way/

https://www.federalregister.gov/document...na-extract

from the .gov site:

"One comment requested clarification of whether the new drug code will be applicable to cannabidiol (CBD), if it is not combined with cannabinols.

DEA response: For practical purposes, all extracts that contain CBD will also contain at least small amounts of other cannabinoids.[1] However, if it were possible to produce from the cannabis plant an extract that contained only CBD and no other cannabinoids, such an extract would fall within the new drug code 7350. In view of this comment, the regulatory text accompanying new drug code 7350 has been modified slightly to make clear that it includes cannabis extracts that contain only one cannabinoid."
Thanks Sal
Do not put off till tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well. - Mark Twain
As a previous CBD user, I have seen benefits in its use.
This is ridiculous. My grandpa had Parkinson's disease. Whe he used cbd immettily...he needs it, no other cures better.
I was very bummed to see this news too. Seems they are gonna target conentrates...seing as they save lives, why not target them they figure. Thanks bro, as in big bro.
House Bill passed. CBD Oil will not remain Schedule 1 (so far) but psychoactive component will. Not sure how thats going to turn out
^ dude this post is from 2016 :]

anyway its nonsense all together no way cbt could be banned, as the world moves its matter of years before more countries will either decriminalize or legalize weed.Also think pharma should stay out of it, since they synthesize part of the plant when its obvious that without thc its pretty weak stuff.