Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tapering Going Well, Take it slow!
fishfarmer, I am thrilled to hear of your progress!

Good job and I am throwing in my support for you too. There must be many watching you have success and thinking there is hope. 
So be very encouraged. Not only for yourself but that you may be helping others too, a good thing.

Oh everyone may not say in a post but are seeing you make slow but sure progress.

ff this is for you.
good luck 
Linville

[Image: tumblr_nqc190gJds1rb74rmo1_500.jpg]

-I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

It is kind words and support from folks like you Linville that have made this possible, as family and friends do not know, Thanks My Friend! FF
Keep thinking positive fishfarmer. The fact that you really want to get off it is the first step. And I agree with others that self medicating is not the way to go. When you need support, there are many of us here for you. Just reach out.
OR
OR and HFS, Thanks for the words of encouragement! Have only been really abusing for several years so I think that works in my favor. 2mg k-pin in morn and 40mg V with some beers after work was where I came from. This is my first week of .5mg K-pin and no problems, still on 30 mg V after work. Thanks to a dear friend on IOP who has been through it before, she has given me great advice and I hope to quit the K-pins soon and substitute the equivalency of the K-pins with V and taper down gradually. To all who read this, it is not as hard as you may think for some of you! I am a person who lacks much will-power so if I can reduce, SO CAN YOU! Best to you all, FF
(01-06-2017, 01:18 AM)fishfarmer Wrote: OR and HFS, Thanks for the words of encouragement! Have only been really abusing for several years so I think that works in my favor. 2mg k-pin in morn and 40mg V with some beers after work was where I came from. This is my first week of .5mg K-pin and no problems, still on 30 mg V after work. Thanks to a dear friend on IOP who has been through it before, she has given me great advice and I hope to quit the K-pins soon and substitute the equivalency of the K-pins with V and taper down gradually. To all who read this, it is not as hard as you may think for some of you! I am a person who lacks much will-power so if I can reduce, SO CAN YOU! Best to you all, FF

FF,
Good job. Your sharing gives other's a lot of encouragement, which I know is deeply appreciated!! Rumor
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You can observe a lot by just watching. Yogi Berra
Never Give Up

[Image: Never-give-up.jpg]
Thank you all. Update: My morning 2mg k-pin went down to .5mg and switched over to the equivalency of 10 mg V on good advice from a friend on IOP who had tapered before. I must admit it has been tough and still take 30mg V after work, only a 25% reduction there. Need to work on that! I set for myself about a 1 year goal? Thanks for all the good advice my IOP Friends! FF
Off the K-Pins which was really rough, the morning medicine of my choice! According to Benzo equivalency I am now using 1/2 of what I used to. Taking only V's now. Cognitive abilities have began to improve and I am feeling better, but it is getting tougher the more I reduce and have made no progress as of late. Stick with it my friends as you gradually come out of the fog you will actually start to feel better!! I have a long way to go, but my mother beat it and I hope to over this year! Thanks for all the support-right back at you folks on the same journey! FF
Well over 1/2 of prior usage down now. Tried to go all V, but the morning dose did not agree with me. Currently at .5mg K-pin in a.m. and 20mg V after work. Not sure when I started the taper, and have up-dosed several times, but I think I am headed in the right direction. Started with a 2mg K-pin a.m. and 40mg V Habit. I really think most of you can do it? If not quit, at least get back to the only as needed stage. Best To You All, FF
Your around same amount as me now cept i dont get the kpins,I was on 40mg of vals,sometimes more after death of a close friend.
Am down to 20mg a day now,feel a bit more alive now,creativity has come back,i did nothing hardly when taking 40mg a day,hope you get off it if thats what you really want FF,i'm going to try and get some of the 5mg tabs soon so i don't have to mess around breaking a 10mg tab into quarters,the diaz has helped but i don't like the ball n chain of daily use,best of luck to anyone trying to cut or quit anything.