Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saying hello. again?
(11-15-2016, 04:02 PM)ashylarry Wrote: Hello from Boston, 

I have already made a post on the new members thread but am still being told to come introduce myself.
So here we go; im a Collage student, mid twenties. Always had a strong interest in pharmacology. Enjoy hiking, nature photography movies and boating 

Im a long time reader of these iop forums but have decided to try and be an active member.

Cant wait to get to know all of you. 

P.S. 

Can anyone tell me why i cant view my own thread with the direct link i received on my email? 
Thanks!

Larry

Welcome and best of luck to you!!
Hey how come my responses to people have been deleted? Just trying to understand why. When im just trying to have dialog with a member. I can pm so relpys are all I got

Larry
I noticed some were deleted as u broke rules. Some were deleted as u made 17 post just today, in total, alone. We allow five to ten a day tops.

If you read the rules area, u will note that we shall delete posts when one does not make a full sentence. When one breaks rules. When one makes oh say 17 posts in one day.

k? We do not easily give up the info we have worked hard and long for to strangers. Five to ten posts a day. And, please, make full sentences.

This is not a game to us. Most of us are chronically ill. Some of us are end stage.

No one has a right to zip to our hard found sources.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Seriously. Listen to JW. Whereas I realize many return to a forum to get holiday preparations, and pay little attention to rules and regs, there are, right now, at least two of you, with 2/3% warnings that the Pioneer members, the senior members, and the staff feel are quite problematic members at this forum.

Learn the rules. Learn whom we are. How we write and conduct ourselves.

Last chance, gentlemen.

My apologies I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
I'll comit the next few days to reading and not posting as much. Def reread the rules. My bad.

Larry

(11-15-2016, 06:28 PM)Linville Wrote:

I have already made a post on the new members thread but am still being told to come introduce myself.
So here we go; im a Collage student, mid twenties. Always had a strong interest in pharmacology. Enjoy hiking, nature photography movies and boating 

Im a long time reader of these iop forums but have decided to try and be an active member.

P.S. 

Can anyone tell me why i cant view my own thread with the direct link i received on my email? 
Thanks!

Larry

Hi ashylarry

Welcome

I hope you unstood what Charon was talking about

A common thing to post hello I'm new , on somebody  else's  welcome thread....

No biggie.....Now you have your own!  Smile
Photo enthusiast eh!

I hope to see some of those photos posted or ones you like

We have a very nice photo thread

Hey Linville.

Nice to meet another photographer.

Unfortunetly I lost my photo portfolio due to a corrupted harddrive. I did mostly landscapes. I was living in vermont for the last 4 years. Its so beautiful there I couldn't help but snap a lot of photos on my rebel. I real like Chuck Close work as far as portraits go. 

Send me a link to the thread I'd love to see it.

Larry
Thank you. An apology is always accepted.

I do believe you are getting the hang of us, based on reading your last posts.

You will be fine. We have some great people here whom can be your friends forever, if you would like.

(11-17-2016, 10:19 PM)ashylarry Wrote: My apologies I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
I'll comit the next few days to reading and not posting as much. Def reread the rules. My bad.

Larry

(11-15-2016, 06:28 PM)Linville Wrote:

P.S. 

Thanks!

Larry

Hi ashylarry

Welcome

I hope you unstood what Charon was talking about

A common thing to post hello I'm new , on somebody  else's  welcome thread....

No biggie.....Now you have your own!  Smile
Photo enthusiast eh!

I hope to see some of those photos posted or ones you like

We have a very nice photo thread

Hey Linville.

Nice to meet another photographer.

Unfortunetly I lost my photo portfolio due to a corrupted harddrive. I did mostly landscapes. I was living in vermont for the last 4 years. Its so beautiful there I couldn't help but snap a lot of photos on my rebel. I real like Chuck Close work as far as portraits go. 

Send me a link to the thread I'd love to see it.

Larry

hi ashyLarry

here is the link to the photo thread, and remember it is of liked photos or pictures it doesnt have to be taken my you.

Also it started out slow but picked up speed and is a crown jewel of the forum, IMO.

So please check it out and you will be happy..

http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=131
I just read the rules twice over again and realized there is no cussing, and i know i did that last night on a thread and i see that post is deleted today. Definitely read the rules a couple times, i think the cussing is what got me in even more trouble!!!
(11-18-2016, 03:05 AM)whitetailhunter2 Wrote: I just read the rules twice over again and realized there is no cussing, and i know i did that last night on a thread and i see that post is deleted today.  Definitely read the rules a couple times, i think the cussing is what got me in even more trouble!!!

YOU have hope then to start afresh  Smile