Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying in Mexico then back to USA
(04-13-2017, 10:07 PM)dynalift Wrote: I used to make many trips to TJ when I lived in SoCal. Things changed after 9/11. Prior to 2001, the street in San Ysidro used to be littered with crushed oxy boxes from the many travelers who had brought them back through the gate without problems.
A few years ago I made the mistake of 'declaring' my trams and they were promptly confiscated and I was put on the search and detain list so next time I went I was detained again (they found nothing at that time). After that second incident I wrote a clear and well-composed letter to DHS explaining my chronic pain problem, my lack of insurance, and lo and behold, on the 3rd try (a couple more months later) I was no longer on the search and detain list. It's probably a miracle or dumb luck that someone read my letter and had the compassion to take me off the list, or perhaps it was temporary to begin with.

Okay so I have been to TJ a few times both before 9-11 and after and this is what I did.  I bring an empty US Script container for 90 tabs, I go to the other side and buy 90, punch them out of the blister packs and fill the bottle and don't say a thing.  I don't declare anything other than a belt or hat or some other cheap souvenir, no one ever questioned me.  I go to my car in the US parking lot, empty the US script bottle and do it again, Say 3 or 4 trips in a couple of days.  i figure that if they stop me I have a US prescription for what I have on me so what could they say?  I have not been in a couple of years because fear of the Cartel violence.  I figure the US customs doesn't care about less than 100 benzos, they are looking for the illicit street stuff which I don't have any use for anyway.

Went to Cancun a few years later and  went to a Dr. and asked for a script and she gave me a lecture about how they were no good for me... blah blah blah but gave me a script for 30.  Had a hard time filling it though.
Being kind to others costs nothing and enriches your life, 
never forget how you felt when someone was once cruel to you,
we all have felt unloved at one time or another we should never want another to feel that way. Smile
Medicine is not legal to bring across border unless declared and you have a US Prescription.
Disabled Veteran.Heavily medicated for your safety Blush
There is a large sign, one of many, stating that bringing any scheduled drugs back to the US is illegal. In addition to pk's and benzos, the antibiotic Cipro is also illegal! Probably so hard to kill viruses don't develope an immunity to Cipro since it's pretty much the last line of defense against many illnesses, just guessing. Other meds, no problem. Erythromycin, tetracycline, probably penicillin also but I'm allergic to it). Many friends (old people like me) get their heart meds, cholesterol meds and on and on. They just won't let us have anything for pain or anxiety. Funny that they will let me bring back TEN cartons of cigarettes and a litre of booze! Kill yourself? No problem. Relief from pain or anxiety? Sorry, suffer or pay through the nose for an overpriced pain Dr who may or may not treat you effectively. Ok, that's my morning rant. I feel better already. Thanks for reading this if you made it this far!
Peace!
El Duderino, not far from the Mexican border.
Exactly! Not worth the risk! I'm in AZ not far from Algondones MX, close to Yuma. The town is very clean, mostly caters to snow birds and has hundreds of dentists, pharmacies, eyeglass stores/Drs etc. it's a great place for cheap dental work, really cheap! I had a toothache a year ago which turned out to. E a decades old crown and post which had cracked in half, had it removed for $40! Plus I bought 100 erythromycin for $9 at the pharmacy. The last extraction I had in the USA cost me $900, and the dentist was an ahole and a quack! Anyone needing dental work should check out Los Algondones MX! The savings alone will pay for your vacation and you'll still save a boatload no matter how far you must travel. My sister in law wanted veneers, $9,000 vs $2,400!
This has always intrigued me, buying there, but I think as I have read it's best to know someone there that's familiar with with location, because they will pray on tourist because your a dollar sign to them is all. So they may have what you need but you'll pay for it.
Mapurv420 I do know people (friends) living there. The prices and ease of aquiring has never been a problem. The real problem is the risk of getting them back to the USA. Not worth it! Fine if you want to have a great vacation there for a week, otherwise iops are the only solution. Customs doesn't care if you're dieing from cancer in a wheelchair! Just my opinion, don't do it! DON'T DO IT!
Be safe and peace to all!
El Duderino
Morning, Dude. sound advice.

Maybe twenty or fifteen yrs ago, one could safely go to mexico. get meds from doctors on every corner. and make it back to the states.

But the dangers to a US citizen are now horrific. So not worth it. If a criminal in Mexico does not go after you, customs will. And, if u ever saw Locked up abroad on TV, u do not want to be incarcerated there.

Even a professional businessman and his wife, whilst leaving mexico, were in a serious car accident. No one in mexico would help him. We had to get all sorts of diplomats involved to get the poor man to a hospital.

I sound morbid but i read legal cases. So many of our younger people whom went to that country in recent years, have never returned.

It can be a brutal country. No idea how our New President has made the country feel about our country now.

It used to be that we called a doctor in Mexico. The tunnel was still in place. One would receive in like two days. (I got animal meds cuz I did rescue.) Or, people would visit. And, have others set them up with a doctor.

Those days are gone. Please be so careful.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Just wanted to reiterate to be more careful than ever down south. Was in a bad situation because I was not aware of how much has changed over the years.