Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying in Mexico then back to USA
Howdy all! I'm heading south for the winter, near the Mexican border. Anyone know if I can purchase meds there and declare them? Smuggling is not really my thing. Thanks in advance!
Peace!
Jim
Howdy Dude ... I know that when I was in Texas, I went to Mexico and there were people that would come up to ya and ask,"You need to see a doctor?" ... Then they took me to a building that had several desks in it... I sat down and a "doc" would hand me a book that had names and pictures of the "meds" they offered .... I just pointed to what I wanted and he wrote out the "script" ... I think the limit was 3 months supply and up to 7 different items ... After that I went across the hall to the "pharmacy" where they filled them ....

Crossing back into Texas, the "feds" didn't care about them, you just had to declare them and be logged in a book what you had... I guess so folks wouldn't make daily trips ...

Anywho ... It wasn't the folks at the border that cared, it was the state! Texas says,"No d3a number, it's illeagl!" ...

So crossing back in was cool, it's just the state you have to worry about.... Now this was when you didn't have to have a freakin passport to gp to Mexico, bow you do....

But as far as I know, the border patrol doesn't care as long as it no more than 7 scripts with no more than a 3 months supply....

Hope that helps a bit and hope your "move" is smooth ...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
All I know is I was allowed to bring back v@lium , different types of uppers, r@hipanal, and a lot of controled stuff with no problem at the border ... The DPS saw it different ... Even went through the "check point" right outside Brownsville ... They had no problem with it ...

Granted this was years ago so things may have changed by now ...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Thank you Ice and fireplace. I may be crossing on the Az side if that helps. Hopefully fireplaces sister has some good Intel for me.
Peace!
Dude
Wow the stories here surprised me. I had no idea border peeps would let that kind of stuff through, but I guess it makes sense if you have a prescription from the origin country.
I've been across the Arizona border several times. Many times picking up different types of prescriptions, nothing serious or controlled. But there's just a steady stream of people walking across the border thru the border patrol office and they don't seem to be too interested in you as long as you're not caring like a huge case of something. Never seen anybody stopped or questioned. So that's just my experience. What you can do is just go across one day and see how it looks to you. If you feel safe then go back the next day and pick up what you want and go from there. Good luck.
Do not put off till tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well. - Mark Twain
Thanks everyone! I plan on staying down there for at least a year, leaving on Monday from the eastern sierras where it's just too cold in the winter. I think I'll do as Tbaronfl suggested and scope it out. As long as they have no crazy crap like the airports, should be a breeze. I'll keep everyone posted after I'm down there.
Peace!
Jimbo aka El Duderino in Spanish!
Any recent info/encounters on this would be greatly appreciated especially for something like tr@m$ I have family in a bordering town and getting there would just be a days drive. If this were possible could be amazing for me.
Travel safe Hollywoodjimbo. Be careful, watch your back, and most of all have some fun!

Keep us updated. I live in a border state and years ago it was a breeze to bring back anything. Now I have heard coming back into the US, border patrol is much more picky. However I do think it depends on where you cross over at.

OR
(11-12-2016, 06:45 PM)Hollywoodjimbo Wrote: Thanks everyone! I plan on staying down there for at least a year, leaving on Monday from the eastern sierras where it's just too cold in the winter. I think I'll do as Tbaronfl suggested and scope it out. As long as they have no crazy crap like the airports, should be a breeze. I'll keep everyone posted after I'm down there.
Peace!
Jimbo aka El Duderino in Spanish!

Hey Dude ......be careful and Our friend I said hello.  Cool