Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walgreen's busted again
Wasn't sure where to put this so I landed here with it. I'm sure there's no legal action I could take, but I sure wish I could get back at Walgreens for always being buttholes.

The other day I went there to pick up my Mirapex prescription. This morning I took a few pills out to cut them in half and noticed a different pill mixed in. Similar in size and shape, but thicker than the others.
I looked it up to find it is a different drug altogether. I don't know if it would have hurt me if I had taken it, but did notice it could have caused a reaction with my other meds I take.

How in the world could it have gotten mixed in, being it's even a different pharmaceutical brand? I could see it possible if it was a med made by the same company that could have accidentally gotten in there, but a completely different brand and medication? Damn! I'm just glad I caught it before I had taken it and possibly caused me problems. Ah, but then I could have sued them. RATS! Walgreens deserves a good spanking anyway LOL.

Just found it kinda weird is all.

Please check your prescriptions when you get them and make sure they're right. I know I'll check them more carefully from now on. Especially from that evil Walgreens.

Cricket
As an add on to what you've written, the problem I've encountered at all of the major pharmacies is missing one or two pills from an Rx. I now count them in front of the pharmacist, as coming back later will get you no results. I've counted them in front of the main pharmacist and had them see personally that one or two is missing. That also usually corrects future incidents.
ha Mystical...good call.

I remember the local rite aid giving me all kinds of grief and not having them in stock the med for sinus trouble called sudafed.
well I know it is used for m e t h making but it is also a good sinus med, and I wanted some so finally I just told them never mind and that I would go elsewhere.

Then I saw in the news that rite aid was busted for not keeping track of how much they sold.....ha I figure someone was making off with it out the back door and selling it on the street and they made feel bad for asking for it.

anyway another story similar to these already mentioned.

He should have lectured their-self not me
(10-16-2016, 09:19 PM)Linville Wrote: ha Mystical...good call.

I remember the local rite aid giving me all kinds of grief and not having them in stock the med for sinus trouble called sudafed.
well I know it is used for m e t h making but it is also a good sinus med, and I wanted some so finally I just told them never mind and that I would go elsewhere.

Then I saw in the news that rite aid was busted for not keeping track of how much they sold.....ha I figure someone was making off with it out the back door and selling it on the street and they made feel bad for asking for it.

anyway another story similar to these already mentioned.

He should have lectured their-self not me

I think I told this story before but not sure if it was in this forum.

Yrs. ago I had a prescription for my PK's called in to Walgreens. Went and picked it up and all was good. But, the next day I got another email and phone call from Walgreens telling me my meds were ready. What? The ones I picked up the day before were the only scrip I had filled. Couldn't figure out what it was, so for the hell of it, I went back and they charged me the same amount that my PK's were the day before. I went ahead and paid for it and thinking there was no way it was more of my PK's.
Got out to the car and opened the bag and I'll be darned if they didn't give me the same scrip twice. I couldn't believe they made a BIG mistake like that, especially with the med it was.
I could have brought it back in, but the little devil on my shoulder kept telling me to take off, so I did. Scrip was for 180 that I got twice Smile Smile Smile

For days I would get nervous when the phone rang, thinking it was Walgreens calling to make me bring it back, but they never did. Besides, I know if I had brought them back, they would probably pitch them or someone would snatch 'em. Figured it was better in my pocket rather than theirs LOL

That was the ONLY good experience I ever had with Walgreens. I tell ya, it was like winning the lotto. Wish they would do that again, but it's probably a once in a lifetime mistake (if you're very lucky) on their part. Anyway, I chalk it up to karma for the many times they gave me grief.

I know they are very busy, but they need to be more careful. If they gave someone the wrong med and it killed them, they would be paying dearly for that mistake.

I have also had times where I was shorted on prescriptions. One time by 10 pills. Does no good tho like you say to go back about it once you leave the counter because you know they will never believe your story.

So, that was the ONLY time I had any luv for that pharmacy. I think they should do that more often, don't you? Big Grin

Cricket
Yes Cricket I do, Bingo.
(10-17-2016, 11:32 AM)FirePlaces Wrote: Me too!

I still can't believe they let that get by them. I wonder how they explained that away since I know they have to account for every pill. I don't know for sure if this mistake caused this, but not long after, they had a new pharmacist at that store.

I feel bad if that caused him to lose his job and I know bringing them back would have been the right thing to do, but it was just way too tempting and needed, so I didn't do it. Had they called me about it and asked for them to be returned, I probably would have done that. But they didn't, so... I bet that if I had voluntarily brought them back, they would have made their way into someone's pocket that worked behind the counter.

I kinda do still feel bad about keeping them because I try to be honest and truthful all the time, but I guess there is a little bit of devil in me and he can sometimes be very powerful. Especially with this situation. Besides, Walgreens got me in trouble Big time before that almost caused me to lose one of my doctors over getting the same med from another doc. My OB/GYN doc was giving me that PK for the horrendous cramps I'd get every month. Not many, only 10 a month. Then I was having some bad dental problems goin' on and my dentist gave me the same med for that, which I also had filled at Walgreens ( dumb on my part). Well, Walgreens called both doc's about me getting it from both. My OB/GYN called me and was VERY mad and threatened to drop me as his patient. After I explained why that happened and it was just 1 scrip to take care of the dental pain, plus gave him my dentists phone no. to check for himself, he lightened up a bit. But he told me that it better NEVER happen again. Talk about being embarrassed. Blush

Anyway, Walgreens almost caused me to lose my long time doc over something completely innocent. Swore at that time I was done with them, but I went back to using them after awhile because they were closest to my home. I got tired of driving the extra miles to go to another pharm. So I chalk this little "lotto win" up to being payback for the stress they caused over that.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. If that little win ever happened again, would I keep them? Hell yes! I try to be good, but I'm not perfect LOL,

You guys have a good week and stay well. Those are my orders and ye must obey LOL.

Cricket
Cricket,

That same situation happened to a very close friend, exactly as you described it. Picked up the original Rx, and then had a call for the exact same PK the next day. Much less supply however. Me on the other hand, they just short me lol. My karma should be due for a big payout at some point lol. The other issue I've had with CVS and WG when I first moved to this state, is them telling me that they didn't have my medication in stock and wouldn't for months. I had my doctor call corporate and low and behold the same pharmacist "who was out of stock" filled my Rx later that same day.

Now if they were to check databases, they would see that I filled everything per policy and never had a single refill filled early. Never filled more than one Rx at a time etc. However, at work I wear professional clothing that covers up my tattoo sleeved arm...most people are shocked when they see it (as I guess it changes me as a person?) That's the only reason I could figure why'd they give me the run-a-round. At this point, I'm tired of the BS politics of my country and having to pay my high co-pays to get a refill; since in this state, you have to bring in a new paper Rx every time...
(10-17-2016, 04:04 PM)Mystical Wrote: Cricket,

That same situation happened to a very close friend, exactly as you described it. Picked up the original Rx, and then had a call for the exact same PK the next day. Much less supply however. Me on the other hand, they just short me lol. My karma should be due for a big payout at some point lol. The other issue I've had with CVS and WG when I first moved to this state, is them telling me that they didn't have my medication in stock and wouldn't for months. I had my doctor call corporate and low and behold the same pharmacist "who was out of stock" filled my Rx later that same day.

Now if they were to check databases, they would see that I filled everything per policy and never had a single refill filled early. Never filled more than one Rx at a time etc. However, at work I wear professional clothing that covers up my tattoo sleeved arm...most people are shocked when they see it (as I guess it changes me as a person?) That's the only reason I could figure why'd they give me the run-a-round. At this point, I'm tired of the BS politics of my country and having to pay my high co-pays to get a refill; since in this state, you have to bring in a new paper Rx every time...

All states have that law of having to bring in a new written scrip every month in order to get it filled. That is not fair to punish the people that suffer greatly and have legit reasons for the med. It's sometimes very hard and expensive to go to the doctor every month. But, it's what we, the ones doin' it right have to do. The rec. users will still go on getting it as they always have, so who's really being punished? Not them.

Then there is the occasional pharmacist with a God complex who thinks they have the right to over rule your doctor. Their job is to verify the scrip and fill it, not decide if they think you should have it, no matter how you look in their eyes. They should be sued for discrimination in my book. If we have to follow the prescribing laws, then so should they. That really gets my goat.

This world is falling apart and I fear PK's are going to be eventually cut out in most situations. I believe it was Linville who told me they are planning to cut way back on the production of PK's. THAT will be catastrophic for millions of people and what else can they do but go in search of relief on the streets. The Heroin problem is nothing compared to what it will become if they do that. Not to mention the people that would commit suicide because they can't stand the pain anymore. But hey, maybe that's part of their goal.

It's gonna get VERY, VERY scary in this country in the future. It's gonna make Nazi Germany look like peaches and cream.
What can we do about it? NOTHING Angry

Cricket
(10-17-2016, 05:31 PM)Cricket Wrote:
(10-17-2016, 04:04 PM)Mystical Wrote: Cricket,

All states have that law of having to bring in a new written scrip every month in order to get it filled. That is not fair to punish the people that suffer greatly and have legit reasons for the med. It's sometimes very hard and expensive to go to the doctor every month. But, it's what we, the ones doin' it right have to do. The rec. users will still go on getting it as they always have, so who's really being punished? Not them.

Then there is the occasional pharmacist with a God complex who thinks they have the right to over rule your doctor. Their job is to verify the scrip and fill it, not decide if they think you should have it, no matter how you look in their eyes. They should be sued for discrimination in my book. If we have to follow the prescribing laws, then so should they. That really gets my goat.

This world is falling apart and I fear PK's are going to be eventually cut out in most situations. I believe it was Linville who told me they are planning to cut way back on the production of PK's. THAT will be catastrophic for millions of people and what else can they do but go in search of relief on the streets. The Heroin problem is nothing compared to what it will become if they do that. Not to mention the people that would commit suicide because they can't stand the pain anymore. But hey, maybe that's part of their goal.

It's gonna get VERY, VERY scary in this country in the future. It's gonna make Nazi Germany look like peaches and cream.
What can we do about it? NOTHING  Angry

Cricket

All so true Cricket. What really resonated with me was your comment of over ruling the doctor. The only medication I have been consistently having filled was a sl33p med @mb!en. Because my doctor Rx me 10MG since 2010, that's what I've been using. When I moved down to glorious SWFL, the pharmacist said that the dose was too strong. This was before I asked to speak with him personally and he saw my 6'6'' body at 275 pounds and changed his mind. Fill the Rx, check the database if you want to be superc0p, but don't tell me my dosages unless you're my PCP and have MD after your name.

As for PK's it's sad what they're doing to the people that genuinely need it. I still standby my thinking that they'd rather have good people suffer...Honestly, I think Nazi Germany will be a lot freer of a country than us if things continue to go down this slippery slope.
(10-19-2016, 05:18 AM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Mystical, I get the same thing filled and my docs and pharmacists have been a hassle since ?not sure who? said that 10mgs are too strong for women.  Nope, not true. The pharmacists, I just give attitude to and remind them that they aren't doctors. My docs, ugh. I finally got blunt and said that 5mgs doesn't touch me for sleep, and if that was what they were going to script, don't even bother.  

Cricket, don't feel bad. That is a once in a lifetime mistake in your favor.  A big one for the pharmacist, but you probably weren't their only mistake if there was a new person the next month.  

Years ago I was being shorted for the sle@p aid 3 months in a row at Osco. Only 2-3 pills, and I called immediately when I got home the first 2 months. They told me to come back and gave me the missing ones no problem. I think the pharmacist was shorting many people a couple here and there. He was gone a few months later, and my counts were never off again.
I haven't heard the name "Osco" in a long time. When I lived back in the Midwest, I never had a single problem with them. However, I had the same pharmacist since I was a wee lad and before I moved out of state. Nowadays I'd trust an IOP over the locals lol.