Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gabapentin on the fly
Does anyone know where I can get gabapenten, preferable the extended release, relatively quickly?

I don't even think this drug is scheduled, yet you still need a script for it. Makes no sense.

Or does anyone else have any other recommendations for calming the restless legs that keep you up at night after detoxing from various substances? Work is piling up on me and I could really use a good night sleep.

Thanks in advance
(10-13-2016, 11:27 AM)FirePlaces Wrote: Cricket has something that works for her.  Hopefully she will see this.

Good morning,

I have (or had) TERRIBLE RLS for a long time. I tried the Gab., not very helpful. Dr. put me on Lyrica which helped a little better, but not always.
I remembered my mom taking Mirapex for her RLS and it worked well for her. I had my Dr. let me try that and it's been heaven ever since. Sooo thankful I found the Mirapex because RLS will drive you crazy.

You might ask your Dr. to let you give it a try. Hopefully it will work wonders for you like it has for me.

Good luck

Cricket
RLS is awful, and the worst part of detox. I remember being awake at 3 am after 72 hours of no sleep and wanting to rip my legs off and beat myself to death with them. I had gabapentin (docs give it out like candy) and it didn't help. Nor did any of the homeopathic BS. From what I remember reading, the RLS of detox is caused by a lack of dopamine. I ended up getting Requip (like Mirapex, it's a dopamine agonist) and it was a miracle.

Depending on what you are detoxing from, Gabapentin may or may not help other symptoms. I went through benzo withdrawal, and it didn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. It did help a bit with opiate withdrawal, especially the pain oversensitivity. Hope you find some relief!
(10-13-2016, 11:23 PM)Batgirl Wrote: RLS is awful, and the worst part of detox. I remember being awake at 3 am after 72 hours of no sleep and wanting to rip my legs off and beat myself to death with them. I had gabapentin (docs give it out like candy) and it didn't help. Nor did any of the homeopathic BS. From what I remember reading, the RLS of detox is caused by a lack of dopamine. I ended up getting Requip (like Mirapex, it's a dopamine agonist) and it was a miracle.

Depending on what you are detoxing from, Gabapentin may or may not help other symptoms. I went through benzo withdrawal, and it didn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. It did help a bit with opiate withdrawal, especially the pain oversensitivity. Hope you find some relief!

My restless legs was not do to any detox issues. Just a wonderful little gift my mom gave me thru genetics I guess.
One other thing that helped me before finding Mirapex, was to sit on the side of the tub and soak my legs in the hottest water I could stand. That would most times settle them down a bit.

Lunar, I really can't say the Mirapex would help with the detox issues, but it might be worth a try. If it helps, you will have peace and get that sleep you've been missing out on.

I hope you find the answer very soon cause I know how bad it can be. It's no joke.

Best of luck in getting that relief quickly.

Cricket
(10-13-2016, 06:15 AM)Lunar Wrote: Does anyone know where I can get gabapenten, preferable the extended release, relatively quickly?

I don't even think this drug is scheduled, yet you still need a script for it. Makes no sense.

Or does anyone else have any other recommendations for calming the restless legs that keep you up at night after detoxing from various substances? Work is piling up on me and I could really use a good night sleep.

Thanks in advance

just received some from prestige... couple weeks tho...is that quick enough?
- Rust never sleeps
(10-13-2016, 11:27 AM)FirePlaces Wrote: Cricket has something that works for her. Hopefully she will see this.

Cricket if you see this do you know a solid gabapenten source? im using dpm right not but its been 2 weeks and i still dont have a working TN.

Any other vendors you could recommend
Stop. Drop and Roll. All you are doing is asking us questions. In every frigadelic post. Knock it off. you are to contribute fifty posts before we share info with u.

you are not contributing anything but extra work.

Read. And, no, we don't spoon feed you new people. Wrong forum for that.

Maybe if one post had not been a question for serious info...
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

@Charon

my bad. wont happen again

im just trying to get the meds i need
Hi Cricket,
Thank You for your post. I have nerve damage in my leg from a recent hip replacement, I have also tried Gab & lyrica with not good results. I see my DR. in a couple weeks and I will be asking to try Mirapex. I have had a lot of different pain in my life but this nerve pain is the worst.

Sudsy
(11-15-2016, 06:12 PM)Sudsy Wrote: Hi Cricket,
Thank You for your post. I have nerve damage in my leg from a recent hip replacement, I have also tried Gab & lyrica with not good results. I see my DR. in a couple weeks and I will be asking to try Mirapex. I have had a lot of different pain in my life but this nerve pain is the worst.

Sudsy

I have had excellent results with the Mirapex. It's been like heaven since I started on them.
I don't know if it would help you, but it's definitely worth a shot if your doc lets you try it. It could be a life changer for ya and I hope it will be.

Good luck and feel better.

Cricket