Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
(10-05-2016, 07:01 PM)MoJim Wrote: Thanks for the info Crypts. I hadn't used Firefox in several years, but I took your advice. I also uninstalled several programs, but I can't seem to uninstall Chr0mium.  I did some searches on how to uninstall these programs, but need to spend more time on it. These things stick like glue. Even though I have FF as my default browser, Chr0mium still comes up on startup with Startpage as the search engine.

Anyway, I do like using FF and all of their options for add-ons.

First, to uninstall Chrome/Chromium, install the free version of CCleaner. Even the free version does pretty much what the paid version does. It's where I manage when in windows my programs, very easy to uninstall anything there, much faster than the Configuration Panel's Add/remove. Also CCleaner helps you clean your registry easily, and also, control what is in your startup programs list and disable/delete things that slow down your booting into Windows. It's a well known program available for both Windows and OSX.

If you use Windows, I understand you had not used Firefox in a while, because it was still a 32 bit program. When I boot into Windows 7 (I'm mostly a Linux person, but I keep a Windows partition for gaming, when I got the energy for it), I would use Waterfox in the past, it was a 64 bit version of Firefox that was maintained by a single person, but he did it well. Now that Firefox is 64 bits also for Windows (I think since June), it is much faster than it used to be.

Shun Chrome like the plague as it is inherent it will phone home no matter how many security/privacy add-ons/option switching. I recommend Opera as a second browser while one learns to use NoScript in Firefox, NoScript opens ones eyes that some sites have so much http sites connecting to one that is not not needed, what I recommend if it breaks a website, is to first allow the website's own javascript, and if that's not enough to enabled anything with CDN in it, that's content delivery links. Usually only those 2 need to be using javascript, everything else being analytics of your behaviour of some sort. Opera is good as a second browser because it's practically impossible to have the type of viruses coming from visiting a fishy website to get you. I even recommend Internet Explorer 11 over Chrome, as a safety wheel, if one doesn't like Opera.

I have Chromium in Linux, which is the "advanced" Chrome but my own personal privacy and security has several layers that I can use it as a second browser fine, although I hate that just like in windows, when turned on, if you look at your activity monitor (ctrl+alt+del for Windows), you'll see how chrome divides itself into 30 single processes, that's just stupid imo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google will print every question on meds u ask - by CryptsOfEternity - 10-06-2016, 12:14 AM