Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
Thanks for the info charon.
I used to have over 50 posts last year i think, but i was using hushmail, and list alot of important info when I forgot to sign in, as many know you get a free account, but you must sign in at least omce a fortnight, i jst forgot one time, and for the life of me i cannot remember my username and password, so i had to start again, but it took so long to get over the 50, i just stopped posting, until lately, as if you need to know something ioplist to s the place to come!!
if the old screen name comes to you, and either i remember that account or its still in existence, then post and i shall PM u for the info.

The system did delete people automatically for failure to post. But, not in awhile. So, if u can even give me some sort of hint, i may remember your screen name, ur email, or ur old avatar.

Good luck.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
(09-12-2016, 05:23 PM)Charon Wrote: Thanks for the info! Discretion is essential for this board to operate successfully.

This just happened today.  A new member posted a question in Who's Got It?  He/she mentioned a particular medicine.  The next poster informed him/her that if one searches google, right now, with the exact med she/he was seeking, that his/her post showed up as first hit on google.  At our forum.  Aye Carumba.

See, google search engine is not our friend since we went public a couple months ago.

This is why I beg you all to get in your fifty posts in ON TOPic areas and PM me or another member.

PLEASE LEARN FROM THIS. WHATEVER YOU POST, IT WILL MAKE GOOGLE. AND, ON AND ON AND ON.

TALK THRU PM'S AND EMAILS FOR THE SAFETY OF MEMBERS, FORUM, VENDORS.

L E HAS QUITE ENUFF INFO NOW FROM STUPID ASS FORUMS LIKE DBG AND TTM.

LET US GIVE THEM NOTHING WE DON'T WANT THE ENTIRE WORLD TO SEE.

Your PMs and emails are never available to google.  Nor to us.  This is why we have private areas for those over fifty posts.  To avoid google searches.  Unknown "guests."  

Whatever you post on the internet, it will be there later.

We have quite a few new people of late.  Keep your identity safe and only post what you are comfortable with others reading  on google.

(And, that is why the senior and pioneer members talk in cryptic fashions to newbies.  Or use PM and email.  Be safe, guys.)
Google has gotten quite good at crawling websites and indexing them for searches. Keep your personal information private.
Disabled Veteran.Heavily medicated for your safety Blush
(11-01-2017, 01:43 PM)cajunbulldog38 Wrote: Google has gotten quite good at crawling websites and indexing them for searches. Keep your personal information private.

Amen !!!
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
Dang, this entire thread was eye opening. I always teased my mom about putting a sticky note over her camera on her laptop because I said "who would want to watch you type away on your laptop." Now I've gone so far as to change IP addresses on our internet and such and keep devices static to avoid having anyone be able to "jump" on to our wireless. Not very knowledgeable about this stuff so I wonder if I even did any good?
when u set up a computer, google or someone sneaks in a permission question to record u at will and to record ur pic at will.

don't fall for it. have not seen how to disallow smart phones from watching me, as its new, so, i use cardboard i tape to cover my face. because idiots will put my pic and my identity up all over the place.

i think a dynamic IP is better. we have threads on this. but u r off to a good start.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
Thanks Charon.  I think I set it up correctly in that I completely changed the address to my device so that even if someone knows the model number and such, they won't even be able to see the log in screen as I have changed it.  And then each device has an assigned IP so that only that MAC address will be able to use the assigned IP.  But I am definitely going to do more research as today's world is scary with big brother always watching and I may not be as secure as I think I am.   Angry