Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are PK's so difficult to find on IOP's and DNM's?
Mdone is Not a good pain management med. I just got off it after almost 20 years on and off (15 straight) for my own "vices" if you will. But the bottom line is it has a very very long half life, (24-48 hours +) but is only effective for pain relief for 6-8 hours max, (and that's moderate pain relief at best). So docs will ex it 3-4 times daily resulting in insane total daily intake.
The problem there is although pain relief has stopped and it's time for a new dose the med is still active in the body and building to higher and higher levels with each dose. I can't even count the number of patients my mother would see each week for mdone toxicity/ od in her time as a nurse.
In my state Mdone is no longer rxd for pain and is reserved for addiction treatment only. Probably one of the only smart things I've seen lawmakers do in a long time. Andybones is right, I agree totally that both should be used for short term treatment of symptoms only, not long term maintenance as I was on. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. But that's another thread lol.

As for finding pks, they're out there, but if you're looking for something more than codeine or dhc you just need to be ready to spend a months pay on a weeks worth of meds Sad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are PK's so difficult to find on IOP's and DNM's? - by Denman66 - 03-25-2017, 03:03 AM