Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are PK's so difficult to find on IOP's and DNM's?
It really is crazy how the normal dose for Suboxone is 16mg a day. No one needs that much. At 8mg it really doesn't do anything more, just a waste of medication. Zubsolv is becoming the new Suboxone, and insurance companies are eating it up now. It's not new, but many Insurance companies dropped Suboxone and are doing Zubsolv, which is very strange. If you are starting out on nothing, and need treatment, Zubsolv would be fine. But switching isn't any fun. Not too mention it is treating addiction. Any addict thinks more of a drug is.. well more. Suboxone comes in 2, 4, and 8mg. Zubsolv comes in 1.4, 5.7, 8.6 and 11.4mg. When switched, when a patient was getting the 16mg, 8mg x2 daily. They are switched to the 5.7mg Zubsolv x2 daily. Many of my friends said they felt withdrawal due to this switch, and Insurance wouldn't cover a 3rd pill.
"Zubsolv has been shown to have different bioavailability compared to Suboxone. One Zubsolv 5.7 mg/1.4 mg tablet provides equivalent buprenorphine exposure and 12% lower naloxone exposure to one Suboxone 8 mg/2 mg film."

A few of my friends actually got booted from their Bupe Dr. because they wanted the Dr. to do a prior auth. with the Insurance to keep them on Suboxone, as the switch to Zubsolv wasn't working. They give you one last script and say see ya, and take someone who will take the Zubsolv, since the Drs. are only allowed to take on 100 patients I believe it is, and the Drs. are very limited. And if you are prescribed benzos, you need to make a choice, benzos or bupe.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with using bupe for "H" withdrawal, however it shouldn't be used much longer than a week or two at most. Certainly not to be kept on for "treatment" and "cravings".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are PK's so difficult to find on IOP's and DNM's? - by andybones - 03-24-2017, 06:53 PM