Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are PK's so difficult to find on IOP's and DNM's?
(09-27-2016, 10:12 AM)Themilkman Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 04:28 PM)Cricket Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 01:19 PM)Themilkman Wrote: I have an acquaintance who is a retired Dr. and he has claimed his theory being good docs know how addictive they can be, and how tolerance works.  At some point they feel a pressure to either cut someone off at a certain mg.  They know this will not provide the relief it once did but get nervous past a certain amount. All while knowing how tolerance works?  This would create a pattern of people seeking elsewhere if true.

I believe this is true. I'm sure many of us are under prescribed because dr.'s are scared to death to give as much as they know a patient needs to really be effective. I know because my dr. has cut what he use to prescribe in half. Been on this med for decades, so naturally less is not gonna help much. That's the reason many of us are forced to make up for the cutbacks by ordering what we need to help get us back to the level that actually works. Tolerance doesn't matter anymore. Dr.'s that will still prescribe are gonna give you as little as they can get away with so that it doesn't perk up the ears of the DEA.

Because of some people using these meds for recreation, it's caused those of us that need them just to be able to function, suffer so much more than is fair. What else do they expect us to do? I'm sure that if any of our "leaders" making these laws are in pain or whatever, they would have no problem getting as much of whatever they want. They're not gonna suffer. That's for us little people to do. Gotta luv the system.  Angry

Cricket

I hope this is ok to say, but I was cut off my pain medication 13 or so years ago in middle school due to the doctors fear.  He thought my shoulder issue would be life long, and decided one visit to go from 10 mg oxycodone 2/3x a day to nothing.  I know that is not a ton but I had been on it for about a year and a half, and did not understand tolerance or addiction.  Naturally I found my own source and was fine, but did go up and up in dose.  My shoulder got better after a few years of physical therapy but I kept using.  Eventually this all led to non pharmaceutical pain relief of the same nature(even though my shoulder was fine).  I spent a few years on the stuff while trying to quit now and then.  Finally I found a Suboxone Doctor and have been on it for 9 years.  Have tried to tapper and quit but have had no luck yet.  I am glad the suboxone saved me and what not, but resent the fact that it is just as hard to get off of.  At least big pharma/government has been getting my money again though.....I feel that even though everyone makes their own choices this could have been all avoided with a bit of education.

The thing I don't get is why does a dr. cut people off from an addictive drug and put people on a different addictive drug. What sense does that make? None as I see it.
If they are gonna give you something else that's addictive, why not just leave you on what you were taking that helps more. It's just stupid. It's a fu*ked up world we live in and nothing makes sense anymore. Seems they just want to make us suffer more. Angry

Cutting you off cold turkey like that could be very dangerous. Are the dr.'s today tryin' to help us or kill us?
Makes no sense at all.

Cricket

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are PK's so difficult to find on IOP's and DNM's? - by Cricket - 09-27-2016, 09:06 PM