Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are PK's so difficult to find on IOP's and DNM's?
(09-15-2016, 05:59 PM)Batgirl Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 05:12 PM)Charon Wrote: One rant of my own.  When i was caregiving my mother with incurable cancer in 94, her brilliant team of doctors made one mistake after another.

First, the doctor whom had misdiagnosed my father ten yrs earlier with diabetes, and it was pancreatic cancer, this wonderful doctor kept telling my mother it was pneumonia.  My son whom was two and I moved back in to caregive because i knew that doctor killed more people in my former home town than anyone.

The second opinion doctor told her to go home and die.  No meds.  He sent a bill for thousands to the estaTE OF my mother.  She was not dead.

Then, we had a third opinion.  She started chemo. She was released into my care as she was too weak by then.  One day before her death, i called the doctor and explained that the prednisone was making my mother extremely anxious and uncomfortable.  So, instead of one xanax, I gave her another one at nite as she requested.  I explained, and he knew, that i was the caregiver.  I handled the meds.  I had been there when family members passed over.

The next day when i called to report she had passed,  that rat bastard screamed at me, u made her die an addict to xanax.  Excuse me?  In lieu of the one a day he dx'd, he knew my sister was a big shot doctor in NYC.  She prescribed the xanax.

And, how, could one extra xanax given to my mother to help her pass without fear, cause her to become an addict?

I have no faith in doctors having read so many legal cases.  Haven been at the hospital with my medical sister every weekend for a couple years.  And being the family caregiver.

I know that in the event Dr. villanova is now dying, and he requested a second xanax as he was dying, no one would have thought twice.

The words he said to me could have hurt me forever had i not realized that doctors are very fallible.  And, the autopsy report showed the cancer had spread to every part of her bones and body.

So, one extra xanax to help her pass and her death was my fault?  (That is what dr. vilanova said to me.)

Asswipes.  The vast majority of them.

All the really good doctors were taken down by LE.  Forced to retire for treating pain.  This has been going on for years.

As you do unto others, may God do the same unto u.  Is it scripture?  not particularly.  It is how i feel.
What a terrible story. There are no words. Palliative care should be exactly that--to relieve pain and suffering. When I cared for my mother who was dying, she received morphine and all kinds of "addictive" drugs. Because at that point, it didn't matter if she got addicted (there was no time for a dependency to develop anyway). That doctor should have been tarred and feathered, or at least lost his license. Good for you for realizing the source of the ridiculous accusation was a moron. I don't know that I could have been so strong.

That is just deplorable Char. So f'n what IF she did become addicted, she was so sick and that Dr.? should have been more worried about keeping her as comfortable as possible more than worrying if she got addicted. Dr's have no compassion anymore or it's scared out of them by LE. Animals get much better care than people are getting. The medical industry is becoming a joke and I'm afraid it will only get worse. To me, that's criminal.

I never knew this happened to your mom. I think I would have had to go "postal" on that SOB. His day will come when he meets his maker and I pray he is sent straight to hell and suffers for eternity.

I'm soooo sorry this happened to you and your poor mom. That's unreal. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Cricket

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are PK's so difficult to find on IOP's and DNM's? - by Cricket - 09-15-2016, 07:11 PM