Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey whats up guys
(09-07-2016, 07:13 PM)Charon Wrote: Good to know.

Please, take your time.  We are not pulling a Spanish Inquisition on any member here.

You are welcome.  I am a dudette, btw.

Haha sorry, dudette it is.

Just read the forum rules, I'll try to slow my roll on posting for today since im over 10 posts.
sweet. thank u.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Hello and welcome to IOP...Smile
Hi and thank you.
Hi ShortSqueeze, Welcome.

Charon has certainly given you some great guiding advice. A good thing.
(09-07-2016, 06:20 PM)ShortSqueeze Wrote: Cool, I've never been on any other forums like this lol

Hello and Welsome, SS.
Many years ago I was involved in a forum like this (providing free technical support in a different industry).
My time there was short lived because - oh my godfather - so many of the Newbies were a Nightmare! Cry
They'd open a membership with a 'your rules don't apply to me' attitude and then the 'you-do-it-for-me' demands would start.  
Like a party of 10 year olds who'd drunk WAY too much red cordial. 
Quite frankly, I don't know how and where the IOPList Admins and Mods find the time nor the energy to maintain this forum.
I have nothing but respect for them.
I've only been a member for a short while, but just occasionally I've seen similar antics by the 'young & foolhardy' and thought "Uh-Oh! This is unlikely to end well for you..." Luckily for the rest of us, the bosses are quite familiar with the Delete and the Banned buttons - so the trouble quickly 'vanishes' leaving the rest of us to enjoy a safe and peaceful environment.
You will have probably read that it is like a 'family' in here - it only takes a few weeks before you realize how true that is.
I hope you find what you are after.
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
Richard, you do realize that this thread was last posted in on 09.08.16 and she has been with us quite awhile...

Just sayin...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Hey Ice. (I need that 'Really Embarrassed' emoji again - but I guess Blush  will have do.)
I can't imagine the search term I must have entered that ended up taking me to ShortSqueeze's Welcome page. Huh
And as she has been here since 2016 she will most certainly be familiar with everything I said about the the site already.
I wrote it very early in the morning (Australian time) when I was unable to sleep.
But not checking Joined Date - or number of posts - or last post date...?  Hmmmm.... it kind of indicates that some part of my brain was asleep!

I'm guessing that there are old threads that get bumped from time to time - but this might be the first time a 534 day old Welcome thread has ever been bumped.
I hope you got as much of a giggle from this as I now am (despite my embarrassment) Smile

I guess the take away is "Sure, compose at 3a.m. - but don't hit that Post Reply button until after a strong coffee and checking the time stamps & statistics  at around 8:30am"

Cheers and Regards
Richard.
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
Yes sir ,,, indeed got that chuckle when I saw it .. Smile

Now believe me when I say, I've never done that (yeah right)

No harm, certainly no foul my friend...

and thanks for the laughs , It does help Smile

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit