Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Little known sleep aid
(09-24-2016, 01:57 AM)Grandote Wrote: Just found another decent deal. 1gm = $10, 10gm = 45 and 25gm = 80 https://www.goldbio.com/product/3647/ade...ultra-pure

Does it make you STAY ASLEEP?  I have no problem falling asleep but I always wake 2-3 hours after I fall asleep and then i'm up and down until morning.  I am not overly sleepyin the morning and I do have horrible bedtime habits...ie: I have TV on all night even tho it watches me alot LOL
I would love to get about 5 hours at a clip.  I think that would be optimal, but i
don't remember the last time that happened.  it's been years. 
I also have 3 dogs that have a internal clock and they wake up
every day @500am wanting to go out and be fed
I started that years ago when I had to get up to run a business in my house
and i started at 6am and I know dogs are creatures of habit,
 Angels Among US      Angel
(10-15-2017, 11:10 PM)alsmom360 Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 01:57 AM)Grandote Wrote: Just found another decent deal. 1gm = $10, 10gm = 45 and 25gm = 80 https://www.goldbio.com/product/3647/ade...ultra-pure

Does it make you STAY ASLEEP?  I have no problem falling asleep but I always wake 2-3 hours after I fall asleep and then i'm up and down until morning.  I am not overly sleepyin the morning and I do have horrible bedtime habits...ie: I have TV on all night even tho it watches me alot LOL
I would love to get about 5 hours at a clip.  I think that would be optimal, but i
don't remember the last time that happened.  it's been years. 
I also have 3 dogs that have a internal clock and they wake up
every day @500am wanting to go out and be fed
I started that years ago when I had to get up to run a business in my house
and i started at 6am and I know dogs are creatures of habit,
Hi Alsmom, I've been experimenting with lithium orotate, and it does seem to help me stay asleep longer (5-6 hours vs. 3 hours). I didn't even expect it to have any effect on sleep; I started taking it because it's supposed to help promote neuron growth. I take it during the day.

Most companies sell it in 5 mg capsules, and some people take this amount, but you may not need as much. Right now I'm taking 500 mcg - 1 mg per day. (I have a scale that measures milligrams, so I weigh out the amount I want.)

It might be worth trying.
Hi alsmom,

I've been using Trazodone and it's helped me sleep in longer stretches.  The side effects are some drowsiness in the morning and dry mouth.  It's non-addictive, but it's a prescription.

Best wishes to you!

~M
Trazodone and anti-histamines can help some people stay asleep longer.
(10-18-2017, 02:47 AM)invisiblejungle Wrote: Trazodone and anti-histamines can help some people stay asleep longer.

Thank you all for the helpful information.  I have tried Trazodone, in drips 
and drabs though.  I do have a prescription for it, but I've never taken it
more than 2 nights in a row.  First,  I don't think it helped me sleep longer
and when I did wake up after 2-3 hrs, I was a droopy Zombie.  Then, I don't like
the feeling so I give up on it.  Then, I'll try it again, same results after 1-2 nights and
i won't take it again for a while.  i probably need to give it more than a trial of it
and take it more consistently to see if it works.

I have been walking lately (NOT far b/c me and my muscles are in poor shape)and
i notice the days I walk, I sleep a little better (4 hrs as opposed to 2-3) It's a start
I know i'm never going to be a 8 hour sleeper.  I'm gonna try a Traz the nights that
i walk to see if I can eek out another Hour or so.  I'll let you know results.
Thanks again for the helpful information everyone Wink
 Angels Among US      Angel
Thanks, Grandote. Better late than never for me to come across your post. My wife has tried it for three nights in a row now. So far, it's all good. Hoping that she can go the distance with this one...and she has tried so many. Thanks, again. RM
(11-17-2017, 01:36 PM)Rafterman Wrote: Thanks, Grandote. Better late than never for me to come across your post. My wife has tried it for three nights in a row now. So far, it's all good. Hoping that she can go the distance with this one...and she has tried so many. Thanks, again. RM

great info.  Thanks.
Grad ozone is a killer for me. It puts me to sleep alright, but boy getting up in morning is so hard. I am like a zombie all day when I take it. I have tried taking the smallest does possible and it does the same thing.
I know everyone's body is different, just the way mine reacts.
OR
Just updating. The AMP now working for my wife for three solid weeks and she is needing less of it! Thanks again, Grandote.
I think I'm going to purchase some off of Amazon, and I'm pretty surprised that I've never heard of it before.  Always nice to learn about something new.  I've taken lithium orotate and L-theanine off and on for a while, they both worked pretty well.  In the beginning, I thought Trazadone worked well but then all of a sudden it stopped working.  Exercise is usually the quickest route for a good night sleep, it's just so hard to get from biking in the winter months.