Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird situation or normal? I don't know!
Hi, first I would like to say I'm not sure where this goes, I assumed it was this one, but if not please move or delete as needed....thank you!

I have not seen a thread like this anywhere else, but something weird happened to me today. I made my first order, and it got to me ok, however when I got the box, it had the ICS tape on it that it had been opened, and it was written on the outside of the box the contents of what I ordered. 

Even weirder was that they all still came to me! Nothing was missing?

Has anyone encountered this before? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
(06-02-2017, 03:09 AM)Tara1178 Wrote: Hi, first I would like to say I'm not sure where this goes, I assumed it was this one, but if not please move or delete as needed....thank you!

I have not seen a thread like this anywhere else, but something weird happened to me today. I made my first order, and it got to me ok, however when I got the box, it had the ICS tape on it that it had been opened, and it was written on the outside of the box the contents of what I ordered. 

Even weirder was that they all still came to me! Nothing was missing?

Has anyone encountered this before? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

seems they let it pass,not sure what you gotten,but if it was delivered then dont see issue.that said since its unclear what you got,id prob speak with vendor about more discreet packaging.
i have read about this from time to time. especially when the US hears chatter of problems, they go thru more packages looking for all sorts of weirdo things. they have confiscated hair gel as its deemed a liquid.

so, oh, yes, as i grow into my PTSD, and i guess my illnesses worsen, I have become a nervous nellie about much.

i got one package from UK about ten or more yrs ago. opened and sealed.

but, we know its the time of the year, i believe its twice a year, that our gvt protects us against the real bad guys.

The ones that would order and use hair gel.

Not to worry my friend. If u were gonna be in trouble, u would have a controlled delivery of some sort. You did not. So, whatever the chatter says to be on the lookout for, such as liquids in packages, then the gvt does just that.

And, no, we don't have positive info about a database when a package gets noticed to any degree. We cannot confirm a LL database exists. So, not to worry.

Hopefully those tramps were not from a country that starts with THxxxxxx.

Reasons unknown, a pharmacy in the TH country had people in US get knocks at door by DEA. And, they had ordered thirty tramps.

You lucked out. Don't worry. I believe our health records will keep us free.

But, in ur case, u did not have the topic of chatter. be it tramps from TH country or whatever is felt could be harmful if allowed to proceed. Such as hair gel. (I am not mocking the US. I prefer safe over sorry. But, we don't know the chatter and so it seems silly to us. i still don't know why i couldn't carry water on an airplane. But comply I did.)

You will be fine.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Hey tara1178 you are fine.  This has happened to a few of my friends...never any lingering issues.  If you received the letter, claimed it, and took it into your home, there is no recourse.  Bad things happen only when you are asked to claim the letter from another person, face to face, and even that is extremely rare.

If the pandas are searching for specific items, they don't have the authority to question letters that aren't specifically on their list.  So, after inspecting it, they itemize the contents to show that said letter DOESN'T contain anything they are searching for.  Get it? 

Relax and breathe easy.  -dc
Aaahhhhj now I get it! Thank you both for your valuable insight! I was thinking to myself "of course this would happen on my first ever order!"

PS the thing that sucks though is all that stress and the tramps didn't help at all, they did nothing for me :-((. Looks like back to the drawing board....
(06-03-2017, 10:42 PM)Tara1178 Wrote: Aaahhhhj now I get it! Thank you both for your valuable insight! I was thinking to myself "of course this would happen on my first ever order!"

PS the thing that sucks though is all that stress and the tramps didn't help at all, they did nothing for me :-((.  Looks like back to the drawing board....

I'm glad you asked this. I'm sure you were a bit nervous when seeing the package, I think I would have been! Confused Though, it's never happened to me, I just learned something. So, thanks! Again, great site...always learning! Smile

Hi Tara,

This exact thing happened to me a few years ago. First ever order, arrived in my mailbox in the exact condition you described. You bet I was scared, but it has never happened again, and fingers crossed never will!
(06-15-2017, 12:05 AM)Anamcara Wrote: Hi Tara,

This exact thing happened to me a few years ago. First ever order, arrived in my mailbox in the exact condition you described. You bet I was scared, but it has never happened again, and fingers crossed never will!

You are brave! I would have dug a hole and puled the dirt in over me Smile
This has hapoened to me also. In my opinion, if you aren't ordering large amounts and they deem then for personal use only and it doesnt seem like your ordering to sell them, theb they probably dont have tine to go thriugh all the trouble of setting up a sting operation on you. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION THOUGH.  I wouldn't worry too much about it in the future if it happens.  But its,always good to be careful and check on our forums and see if anyone else has had,the,same,issues so good thinking coming here to check with people.
Had similar experience received letter asking me to claim my package
It said I could claim in writing or they would destroy
Needless to say let that one go