Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government and police stealing goes into overdrive
Its bad enough cops can seize any cash you may be carrying, any assets you may have on you or in your car like gold, jewelry, cash, etc. Its bad enough they can seize your car or sometimes your home with no conviction of any crime or even evidence of a crime beyond their suspicion that one may have taken place. You can let them keep it, go to court, after paying an expensive lawyer and try your luck. Or you can ask them nicely and if they have little to no evidence of a crime, as is usually the case, they will offer to give you back half if you agree to it. Those are your only options.

If that was not bad enough, now in ohio they are rolling out a system where they can take money out of your bank, out of prepaid debit cards and other sources of money you may have. As before they need no proof of anything beyond a suspicion. Lets trot out the usual justifications: "there are terrorists out there... and think of the children!"

Its an electronic device, they swipe your bank or debit cards and it grabs the money out. Did I hear someone say 'highway robbery'? Thats exactly what it is. Guilty until proven innocent or proven broke. They won't bother you if you are broke, lol.

http://www.news9.com/story/32168555/ohp-...of-a-crime

OKLAHOMA CITY -
You may have heard of civil asset forfeiture.  
That's where police can seize your property and cash without first proving you committed a crime; without a warrant and without arresting you, as long as they suspect that your property is somehow tied to a crime.

Now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a device that also allows them to seize money in your bank account or on prepaid cards.
It's called an ERAD, or Electronic Recovery and Access to Data machine, and state police began using 16 of them last month. 

Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects you may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan any cards you have and seize the money.  
"We're gonna look for different factors in the way that you're acting,” Oklahoma Highway Patrol Lt. John Vincent said. “We're gonna look for if there's a difference in your story. If there's someway that we can prove that you're falsifying information to us about your business."

Troopers insist this isn't just about seizing cash.  
"I know that a lot of people are just going to focus on the seizing money. That's a very small thing that' s happening now. The largest part that we have found ... the biggest benefit has been the identity theft," Vincent said.
"If you can prove can prove that you have a legitimate reason to have that money it will be given back to you. And we've done that in the past," Vincent said about any money seized. 

State Sen. Kyle Loveless, R-Oklahoma City, said that removes due process and the belief that a suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty. He said we've already seen cases in Oklahoma where police are abusing the system. 
"We've seen single mom's stuff be taken, a cancer survivor his drugs taken, we saw a Christian band being taken. We've seen innocent people's stuff being taken. We've seen where the money goes and how it's been misspent," Loveless said.
Loveless plans to introduce legislation next session that would require a conviction before any assets could be seized.
"If I had to err on the side of one side versus the other, I would err on the side of the Constitution,” Loveless said. “And I think that's what we need to do."

News 9 obtained a copy of the contract with the state. 
It shows the state is paying ERAD Group Inc., $5,000 for the software and scanners, then 7.7 percent of all the cash the highway patrol seizes.
That is way too creepy.

I remember when I bought my house 16 years ago, the transaction would not go through until I provided documentation of where I had obtained the down payment. And I thought that was bad.

Hope the initial use of this device that sucks $ out through cards fails.

Seems like a total violation of rights.

All too common these days ...
Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There's not some trick involved with it. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things. Tom Petty
"Loveless plans to introduce legislation next session that would require a conviction before any assets could be seized"

If there's any justice in the world this will pass. I'm not someone that's quick to find bad or evil intentions in people but this is so prone to abuse it's stunning. Inch by inch, day by day we are losing what it means to be constitutionally protected Americans. If we've learned anything over the history of the U. S. we know there are bad cops. Now, we've arrived at a time where technology allows bad cops/DAs to destroy lives on a whim quickly.

What can be done in a few minutes by an officer on a traffic stop could take months to be undone.

It makes me feel powerless and afraid for the future of this country. I wish I knew how/why we are letting this happen to us. 

Sorry if this is off topic or belongs somewhere else, or no where at all but hearing this gives me a pit in my stomach. 

Late reply, but this could not be more relevant.

A great look at how LE truly works, by the New Yorker.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/08/12/taken
~A man keeps his memories where his money once was~
Allegory, those are horror stories and not the sort of things the lamestream media will cover. They don't report on anything that makes government look bad because they are in cahoots with the crooks. And by crooks I do mean many if not most of our high government officials.

One common theme in those sad stories is when the cop asked if he could search the car or house, the poor unsuspecting people said yes, because they knew they had done nothing wrong. That is a big big mistake. Never give cops permission to search anything or do anything. Far as I'm concerned they do not have permission to breath. If they had anything on you they would not ask permission they would just search and perhaps put you under arrest if you complain. When they ask the answer is always NO!

They can take your cash, jewelry, cell phone, anything that catches their eye, much as a common criminal would do if he had a badge and gun. If you forgot about one of your pills in your shirt pocket, that might be a felony even if you have a script for it so don't give them the opportunity to search.

We need cops but they are supposed to obey the law too and that includes the constitution. Let hope we have a change coming soon and not more of the same.
I hope I'm putting this in the best possible place for some good answers. Here's my dilemma: I live in my 23ft travel trailer up in the beautiful mountains of California but it gets cold as Minnesota here in the winter. I'm thinking of caravaning to Yuma Arizona for the winter, $180 gets you a pass valid for 6 months. At various spots along the way they have Border Patrol checkpoints with dogs trained to sniff out humans, I'm guessing illegal if they're hiding, but they're also trained to sniff out weed, meth, heroin, etc. I have searched and searched and cannot find out if they can sniff out alps. I don't do any of those other things so that's not an issue. Anyone have any info on this? I think we all know their priority is revenue generation and not finding the rare illegal hidin in my trailers bathtub! Arizona even bragged that if they find one seed, you're going down for possession! I'm thinking of packaging Dusko style and having it sent to my po box the same day I get there, via priority mail and sent by someone I trust. I'll do all the work a put it in one of those big priority mail envelopes and according to what I've read, bingo! There it is 2-3 days later. No customs to clear, just one of millions of internal US mail pieces. Fake return address, fake senders name and I think I'll be good. Thoughts? Opinions? Any info would be appreciated! Also, after reading the above comments and already knowing they are legalized criminals with guns, I have a couple hundred ounces of silver and a much smaller amount of gold, it's basically my life savings! I'm 100% positive they would steal that after reading all of these horror stories. I'm now re-thinking my plan for the winter and just staying put. Sad that Americans like myself are so afraid of the cops, border patrol, dhs, etc., it's all just a joke to them as they steal from the little guy and ruin his or her life. I bet they have compititions to see who can steal the most at they end of their shift that we pay their wages for!
It's sickening. And if you object, they'll just Graf you out of the car, stomp on your face then shoot you in the back saying he was reaching for a weapon. Most likely he'll get a nice certificate and promotion for being such a brave cop! End of rant, for the moment.
Peace!
I wouldn't know the best way to do that.But should you split into two parcels, package differently, send from different places, just in case on goes missing? (By missing, I mean normal missing mail, I'm not even getting into the police business!

Anyway, back in the 90s I knew someone who was a small-time dope dealer. He got lazy, and was caught with a bag containing weighed bags of weed, an order book (doh!), and about 500 UK pounds (the pound was worth a lot more then). When he was charged in court, they read out the contents, and the amount of weed was now just below the threshold that would see him in jail and the money was never mentioned again. I'm sure they helped themselves to the cash and probably used the drugs to fit someone else up. Of course the guy didn't complain, it meant he was doing community service rather than six months inside.
The guy probably paid for the favor.
(08-22-2016, 04:51 PM)barq- Wrote: I wouldn't know the best way to do that.But should you split into two parcels, package differently, send from different places, just in case on goes missing? (By missing, I mean normal missing mail, I'm not even getting into the police business!

Anyway, back in the 90s I knew someone who was a small-time dope dealer. He got lazy, and was caught with a bag containing weighed bags of weed, an order book (doh!), and about 500 UK pounds (the pound was worth a lot more then). When he was charged in court, they read out the contents, and the amount of weed was now just below the threshold that would see him in jail and the money was never mentioned again. I'm sure they helped themselves to the cash and probably used the drugs to fit someone else up. Of course the guy didn't complain, it meant he was doing community service rather than six months inside.

I have a friend who as good as had the same situation with the same result.  I've also heard of other instances of this happening.  I'm not surprised tbh there the same as everyone at the end of the day and I guess temptation gets the better of them plus there doing a favour in the long run in their eyes
Hollywood.I doubt they are trained to detect what your asking about, but I could see it in the future. They have dog that can detect cancer in the human body.

Once I reach 50 I will send you a pm on a place much closer to you with a much better winter climate. It rains a lot, but it only freezes or snows once every few years.