Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
New Category/Forum Suggestions
(01-16-2017, 01:42 PM)Izzy76 Wrote: Not sure if I am putting this in the correct place, but had an idea that may/may not be worth giving some thought too...

Would it be a good idea for everyone who joins, to Automatically be "Subscribed", to the "Board Rules", and "Important Announcements" threads, from the day there membership first becomes active.  This way any changes to the rules and any Important announcements would automatically be brought to everyones attention, even if they don't have a look at them every now and then.  Also it would be good for New Members as they would hopefully understand the importance of having our Rules, and that they are in place for their own interest, as well as every other forum member. Especially for the l3g@l protection of the Admins and the site as a whole. They may take more notice of them too...

I just subscribed to receive PM notifications on both those threads, and wondered why I hadn't thought to do so before?

Anyways, just a thought...

Izzy

Those who are hereto break rules would break them any way even if we send a book of rules having gold plated pages to them as well. At the time of registration i could have done that at the basic registration page and that sure would have help but a little. Sending updates about new Rules & Regulations uses our IP which may cause our IP to be blacklisted sooner or later as we send bulk mail. Therefore the less mails our server sends the lesser we are at risk of being blacklisted.
The only way to know how strong you are is to keep testing your limits.
Dear Admin OF STEEL,

Is it possible to add a https version of the site? It might have been discussed before, but I do not remember what was said. Also, is it possible to add an Onion address for the forum for those of us starting to use Tor for security/privacy? I am just getting into TOR and trying to learn about proxy and VPN but it is all pretty confusing to me.
I was able to get Orfox and Orbot to work on my Android and have Tor browser on Winblows7 but not sure how safe that is.

Thank you!!
JK
(01-20-2017, 04:29 PM)JohnKing Wrote: Dear Admin OF STEEL,

Is it possible to add a https version of the site? It might have been discussed before, but I do not remember what was said. Also, is it possible to add an Onion address for the forum for those of us starting to use Tor for security/privacy? I am just getting into TOR and trying to learn about proxy and VPN but it is all pretty confusing to me.
I was able to get Orfox and Orbot to work on my Android and have Tor browser on Winblows7 but not sure how safe that is.

Thank you!!
JK

Https would be added shortly. Tor address not possible.
The only way to know how strong you are is to keep testing your limits.
Thank you!!
I also asked for the secure https a time ago. I hope it will be implemented soon, I think it is a essential security system which we all need. Also disallowing indexing with robots.txt of the site contents would be good if it is not already present. I know we are not doing anything illegal, but we should take care of our privacy at the first point.
(02-26-2017, 09:30 PM)Costro77 Wrote: I also asked for the secure https a time ago. I hope it will be implemented soon, I think it is a essential security system which we all need. Also disallowing indexing with robots.txt of the site contents would be good if it is not already present. I know we are not doing anything illegal, but we should take care of our privacy at the first point.

Hi Costro77,

Some good points & thoughts you have posted. Thanks

I’m not lost, I’m exploring.
Privacy is a very precious thing which we all do not allow to be taken us away. Many people does not care about it, using mobile devices, non-encrypted emails, posting private stuff on facebook, and so on. Android phones, google, everything is connected and harvesting data for the govt. Unfortunately, the internet is now available to everyone, to people without any knowledge how stuff really works. It is not 15-20 years ago, when you could freely post anything you wanted on your homepage, wake up, this is definitely gone. Now the technology of mass surveillance, deep packet inspection, and other technologies is automatically processing all that big data, of course because of terrorism. Terrorism is a good argument when it comes to tightening up the screws. And a lot of people are happy with this because they are not doing something bad, so they don't care. When I first read 1984, i asked myself, when will that, what is in the book really happen. I knew 20 years ago it is only the matter of time and technology development, not about thinking they would not do it to us. I am realistic, it will be only worse, and currently the NSA technology is about 5 to 10 years in advantage what we think that is realizable with the current knowledge and technology.

We still have the freedom of speech, but what about the freedom after the speech?

PS:
I also put a strong emphasis on making this forum as secure as possible. Because if someone get access to the database, to the logs, to the IP address, this could be the end. I don't know what and how much you are logging, but it would be sensible to log a minimum to nothing. We all can consider us as a large family of people with the same interests, caused unfortunately mainly by illnesses, we will try to not let in any stranger, but our house should also be a kind of a fort...