Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
New Category/Forum Suggestions
gvw23... Ii see you've been here going on a few months, yet you've made NO attempt to introduce yourself in our welcome thread... Hmmmm .... Must mean either you haven't bother to read them OR you refuse to follow the few we have... If you would have bother to read them, you might notice the first one is to make yourself known with an introduction in the "Welcome" thread....

Before you start with the "I've been here a long time, years and so can I have my old post count back... Please!"

Hogwash.... You're confused.... We're new....

So let's start again and now hit the welcome thread.... While you still have the chance...

Ice
A true friend,
freely advises,
justly assists readily, 
adventures boldly, 
takes all patiently,
defends courageously
and continues a friend unchangeably.

William Penn

Because the search only goes for >4 chars, i would like ask if SSL is supported or will be.
(01-08-2017, 08:27 PM)Costro77 Wrote: Because the search only goes for >4 chars, i would like ask if SSL is supported or will be.

The forum script supports SSL but we have not applied it yet. Though the KEYS are activated and assigned. There's a ton of bugs in the script which need to be resolved first before we move to the next step. Every update the company pushes is a BETA which they push as a stable update. BY the time we finish squashing bugs a new worse update with even more bugs rolls out which i do not think should be the case when using SSL.
The only way to know how strong you are is to keep testing your limits.
Thank you. Didnt know it. The whole thing is about secure login and passwords being transferred in plaintext. I thought it is easier to support ssl, it it not only the matter of server, where it runs?
(01-09-2017, 11:57 AM)Costro77 Wrote: Thank you. Didnt know it. The whole thing is about secure login and passwords being transferred in plaintext. I thought it is easier to support ssl, it it not only the matter of server, where it runs?

No. If server only matter then every third website would have been SSL supported and SSL would have been enabled by default.
Alright ...... I actually have an idea (I know kinda scary for me too Smile)

i was with a warez forum forever and they of coarse offered well warez... Now when they started puttin up M$ products, M$ would actively seek those sites out and hammer them.. So what they did was made the sections password protected... It kept the "bots" from pickin up anything in there since "bots" can't type Smile

They put the password on the blue heading so anybody could see it and gain access to the section, so it didn't stop any member or even passer-bys, just g00gle bots....

I was thinking (scary ain't it) that this would stop our convos from being gathered up by g00gl3 and keep us off the radar....

Any thoughts ?

Thank you so very much A0S for you never-ending work on this forum my friend... We all would be in a world of hurt if not for your hours of hard work for us to have this place.. And if there is absolutely ANYTHING I could ever do ($ included) please don't even hesitate to rattle my cage, I'll be right there... I have the utmost respect and loyality for you sir and it goes without sayin our wonderful Charon....

Thanks my friend....

Ice
A true friend,
freely advises,
justly assists readily, 
adventures boldly, 
takes all patiently,
defends courageously

William Penn

(01-12-2017, 01:44 PM)IceWizard Wrote: Alright ...... I actually have an idea (I know kinda scary for me too Smile)

i was with a warez forum forever and they of coarse offered well warez... Now when they started puttin up M$ products, M$ would actively seek those sites out and hammer them.. So what they did was made the sections password protected... It kept the "bots" from pickin up anything in there since "bots" can't type Smile

They put the password on the blue heading so anybody could see it and gain access to the section, so it didn't stop any member or even passer-bys, just g00gle bots....

I was thinking (scary ain't it) that this would stop our convos from being gathered up by g00gl3 and keep us off the radar....

Any thoughts ?

Thank you so very much A0S for you never-ending work on this forum my friend... We all would be in a world of hurt if not for your hours of hard work for us to have this place.. And if there is absolutely ANYTHING I could ever do ($ included) please don't even hesitate to rattle my cage, I'll be right there... I have the utmost respect and loyality for you sir and it goes without sayin our wonderful Charon....

Thanks my friend....

Ice

Our Private Sections is accessible to anyone after 50 Posts. And whether you type anything there in clear open words it can't be accessed by any BOT in this universe. The disadvantage of having a Password Protected but openly visible Password is LE seeking info from that part. The reason we have enabled 50 Posts mandatory to be able to access to Private Area is because LE won't waste time spending 50 Posts just to see what's going on inside. And by 50 Posts we would be able to judge by the behavior of a person whether he is here to become a part of the family or to copy our footprints on his back when we kick him out.
Thank you A0S.... As always, you sir are on top of the game! I appreciate you taking you time to explain why this is not a good idea... I actually never looked at it that way and I for sure do not want to draw unwanted attention to our home here...

That is exactlly why Sir, you make such a great Admin... I have total faith in your ability to, not only keep us safe, but keep everything runnin as smooth as all get out Smile

Again, thanks my good friend for all the 'behind the scenes" work you do for us to have this forum.... You Sir Rock!!

Ice
A true friend,
freely advises,
justly assists readily, 
adventures boldly, 
takes all patiently,
defends courageously

William Penn

Not sure if I am putting this in the correct place, but had an idea that may/may not be worth giving some thought too...

Would it be a good idea for everyone who joins, to Automatically be "Subscribed", to the "Board Rules", and "Important Announcements" threads, from the day there membership first becomes active.  This way any changes to the rules and any Important announcements would automatically be brought to everyones attention, even if they don't have a look at them every now and then.  Also it would be good for New Members as they would hopefully understand the importance of having our Rules, and that they are in place for their own interest, as well as every other forum member. Especially for the l3g@l protection of the Admins and the site as a whole. They may take more notice of them too...

I just subscribed to receive PM notifications on both those threads, and wondered why I hadn't thought to do so before?

Anyways, just a thought...

Izzy
Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path...
And leave a trail... of Love, Laughter and Understanding.
That is a good idea. However, our trouble makers, whom won't make it to fifty posts, even if they were subscribed to the rules thread, won't bother to read them.

they have issues with authority and rules, it seems to be.

but, all should follow this advice and subscribe to the rules. its a good idea.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel