Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical Issues **!!
Hello Friends

I was wondering if anyone could help me. As a Newbie but a Registered member. I seem to have some technical difficulties at present. It might just be my stupidity. But... I recently sent some Buddie requests which were accepted and they sent me private messages. When I hit reply to message the forum popped up with a message saying I didn't have access or privileges to send messages or access that area of the site.

Coming from the upbringing I do , I kinda find it quite rude not to reply when people have had the decency to respond to me.

Can a more experienced member possibly advise me as to what I am doing wrong. ?

Best wishes

Io
The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams. 
(06-10-2016, 01:39 AM)iovio Wrote: Hello Friends

I was wondering if anyone could help me.  As a Newbie but a Registered member.  I seem to have some technical difficulties at present.   It might just be my stupidity.  But... I recently sent some Buddie requests which were accepted and they sent me private messages.  When I hit reply to message the forum popped up with a message saying I didn't have access or privileges to send messages or access that area of the site.  

Coming from the upbringing I do , I kinda find it quite rude not to reply when people have had the decency to respond to me.  

Can a more experienced member possibly advise me as to what I am doing wrong. ?  

Best wishes

Io

Hi iovio,

I *think* that you can have a buddy but not send a PM until 50 posts.

So just keep them in mind and keep participating until you have that PM privilege and then respond they will understand that you cannot at this time.

Hope this helps

iovio look here and it will show you what I was talking about which is correct BTW.

See #3 
Thanks  Linville,

That makes total sense.  Thanks so much for putting my mind at rest.  

Best Wishes

Io
Hi Io,

Yes that sounds right - 50 posts before you can send PMs. I'm sure no one will take offence at you not replying for this reason - we all had to earn our 50 posts too. I should have thought of that when I messaged you!

All the best,
barq
(06-10-2016, 08:43 AM)barq- Wrote: Hi Io,

Yes that sounds right - 50 posts before you can send PMs. I'm sure no one will take offence at you not replying for this reason - we all had to earn our 50 posts too. I should have thought of that when I messaged you!

All the best,
barq

Hi Barq,
Thanks for the understanding. Well I am at about 25 posts so I am getting there.  It seems we have a lot in common.   I read your posts on Operating Systems, I am a bit of a Nut for PC's & all things Geek. 
I have a 17 year old son who is going to university in September to Bournemouth to study Software Development and Animation. He doesn't just want to work for a company like Pixar,he wants to write the software that makes the animation or vfx.   On the subject of Benzo's again I seem to have a lot in common.  I have paradoxically got both ADD & CFS so I don't really functions without  either Benzo's or Modafinil . Possibly not the healthiest Combo but I would rather die young and achieve something than commitsuicide out of frustration of never being able to focus or have energy.    Mixed results with Nootropics,would investigate some of the newer Russian formula's in more depth but currently priority,£££ is spent on on the Meds that give me guaranteed results. Ps you  asked  - I am a  born and breed Londoner. Best wishes  Io.