Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tr@mad0l T@pering
No mam. I'll PM you.
Do not put off till tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well. - Mark Twain
No, will suffice. Thank you.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
I had to get off of them fast when I was pregnant. I was taking the max dose (300 mg). I reduced 100 mg the first week, stayed there for two weeks, then 50 mgs a week until I got down to one pill per day. Then, I reduced that by 50% until I got to 6.25 mg, at which point I stopped. It was not fun, with insomnia, back pain, and brain zaps being the worst symptoms, but I survived. Being preggo gave me extra motivation. I wouldn't recommend a fast taper, but it can be doable... with a doctor's OK of course Smile.
6.25 mg? I didn't know they even made them in anything less than 50mg.
Do not put off till tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well. - Mark Twain
(09-28-2016, 04:57 PM)Tbaronfl Wrote: 6.25 mg? I didn't know they even made them in anything less than 50mg.

If they do, that would be really good for ppl who need to taper. Any source below 50mg could be helpful for some.
Sorry, I don't know of any that have anything other than 50's
I used a pill splitter and a scale. It was very, very difficult, and probably super accurate, but it sufficed. I was basically eating splinters, lol.
(09-29-2016, 12:44 AM)Batgirl Wrote: I used a pill splitter and a scale. It was very, very difficult, and probably super accurate, but it sufficed. I was basically eating splinters, lol.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!
Tapering works. I agree with what was previously posted about the steps down from 100->50 and 50->25 being harsher than 250->50, in my experience.

L-Tyrosine will help, I also take a general multivitamin, and plenty of water. And I mean PLENTY of water! 10 cups a day minimum, I'd estimate.
I went from 250>0 cold turkey. It wasn't horrible as I have had to go off much worse. I still would never recommend cold turkey with anything. As I was told with most PK's you will be ok coming off them. A doctor told me I could literally lock myself in a room and in 5 days you would come out and feel physically normal. Of course addiction is a disease in the minds and you are told you are never cured. Unlike alcohol and benzo withdrawals with which you can have serious medical issues. But yes water and sleep are the best thing for you when going off anything. Time off work is great too. Lol