Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@dderall?
(07-10-2018, 02:20 AM)Undermedicated Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 09:23 PM)The4thDimension Wrote:
(07-07-2018, 07:22 PM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: I'm in Illinois and know some of these docs.  With due respect,  you are going to have a hard time getting a script for scheduled meds from many of them.  Also waiting months for an appt, and having documented hx for ailments.  
And all pharmacy chains partake in the state database that is closely monitored.
If obtaining a legit script for meds was that easy, this forum wouldn't be so visited.

Strangely enough, I just picked up my latest script. Doc says he can only write it month per month. It's a PITA, but I need the script. I've been on it for maybe 2 years and this time he says I need to come in for a urine sample B4 my next script. He says that everyone has to do this once a year now. What would they even be looking for??

I don’t know if everyone has to take a test every year or not but I know most drs.that write scripts for n@rcotics will drug test the patients to make sure you don’t have any illegal drugs in your system or drugs that aren’t prescribed to you.They also test to make sure the drugs they are prescribing you are in your system therefore thinking the meds aren’t being diverted.
I am a psych patient who is on 6 different meds, 3 are controlled substances. I have to take a test every 4 or 5 months, and yes, they are not only monitoring what’s *not* in your system. I made the mistake of buying some of that fake urine and my doctor confronted me because I gave a squeaky clean test. I should have had benzos, stims, and (maybe) opiates in my system. I was trying to hide my marijuana use, but it didn’t work. But anyway, I think most docs test because I think it’s the law to “monitor” patients who are on certain prescription medications.
Actually... Docs these days do not need all the schooling, college ... Practical work, and
go into debt for thousands, if not millions to be able to prescribe your necessary meds..

The way things are going these days, all the actually need is a 6 month D3A class

and **POOF*** they know exactly what to prescribe ... Aspirin ... Tylenol ...

They seem to know it all..

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
No, Ice is being sarcastic. None of our former doctors or my sister whom is a dr of medicine can treat patients as they see fit. After the years and money they put in to train, the DeA has decided that we cannot get scripted much at all.

And, as I used to say: that is why NY is the city that never sleeps. We are all in too much pain and suffering from too much anxiety and trauma to have our meds scripted to us in NY anymore.

One can get ibuprophen 800 mgs with a coating on it for one's stomach. After surgery no less. Unless one has vast amounts of money and connections, One cannot get the meds we were prescribed for years.

Way back when my sister did medical school, they were trained to perceive patients as all addicts.

Although I heard about three weeks back that one can get free medical school or nursing school in NY due to covid. Have not heard a word about same again.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

My father has been taking much pain medication, prescribed by his doctor, for over 20 years. His doctor recently informed him that he has to start weaning him off his medication because of new prescribing guidelines here in PA. He was told to start taking large doses of ibuprofen and to wash it down with Mylanta if it upsets his stomach. Isn't it wonderful that the government is dictating how doctors are to treat paid in their patients to protect us from ourselves. God help us all, if we ever adopt full blown socialized medicine here in the US.
(10-19-2020, 01:21 PM)IceWizard Wrote: Actually... Docs these days do not need all the schooling, college ... Practical work, and
go into debt for thousands, if not millions to be able to prescribe your necessary meds..

The way things are going these days, all the actually need is a 6 month D3A class

and **POOF*** they know exactly what to prescribe ... Aspirin ... Tylenol ...

They seem to know it all..

Ice

That gave me a good laugh Ice Big Grin. Really seems to be that way sometimes though lol!
-DD