Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBD DOG TREATS
Thankfully right now I have a young healthy crew but I know if CBD would have been available a few years ago when my dog needed arthritis meds & the shot the vet gave her killed her she'd have been around a good while longer.
I don't have a grand master plan, but I try to be thoughtful when I can and also silly. It's part of the fun.

I had friends who gave their pup CBD when she was getting old and began to have seizures... they swore by it.
I've always heard that cannabis was no bueno for dogs but perhaps that has changed.
CBD works the opposite for me on my dog. Instead of calming her down and relaxing her, she becomes very excited and runs around and just whines. Not good for her.
OR
i remember my medical doctor sister had attack trained siberian huskies.

if she gave them a valium before a vet visit, he went ballistic on the vet. it had the opposite effect.

dog mileage may vary also.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
Hate to hear about any and all pups (or kitties) hurting.

Okay, hope no one thinks I'm cruel or crazy, but when my Golden Lab got older, he had terrible hip pain and anxiety (peed every time it thundered for the entire 15 years he was alive).

A relative in another state who had a MM license sent me some "gold fish" crackers. They were for me, but I couldn't take them.

My lab was so sweet, and I hated see him in pain. When the groomer came, the dog could barely make it up the little ramp the woman had for the van. After the grooming, he needed two days to recover from the 'ordeal."

I decided there was no need for him to be clean--for who?--and he would lay, and I would feed him turkey slices as he lay with his head on the floor. The vet said the it was getting close, but we selfishly held on a bit. I asked my relative to ask her MM pharmacist if the gold fish crackers were safe for the dog to take. She said yes, probably, more yes than no. That satisfied me.

I fed him a few of those MM gold fish crackers (don't know the potency) every now and again. After taking them he would lift his head, still laying but calm and coherent. I did it a few more times. It seemed to make him happy and calm.

Sometimes he did look a bit out of it. But, again, he was happy and calm.

I have no regrets.