Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBD DOG TREATS
Hey guys thx great thread. I use nuvet plus but want to use cbd or cannabis products for pain for our dogs vs say Rymdal sorry got spelling wrong.    Rimadyl is just is crazy strong.  Granted we had to deal with a serious knee surgery. What treats do you suggest as I know dogs are allergic to chocolate, but what I have people had the best success with when it comes to two topics. The first topic is calming your dog. The second topic is helping pain as they age and have arthritis.  So talking specific cannabis products for both situations and thank you very much. PS sorry just a bit confused as I know the difference between THC and cbds  and don't want to  get my dog to the moon by giving them a high THC treat, so thanks again.  Also for example say Rick Simpson oil can I make my own treats with that and then give them to the dog. Although I don't know if Rick Simpson oil would be right for a dog but say I got the correct medicine and mixed it with one of their favorite treats well I guess that's rhetorical OK sorry
(04-30-2017, 09:33 PM)celts17 Wrote: Hey guys thx great thread. I use nuvet plus but want to use cbd or cannabis products for pain for our dogs vs say Rymdal sorry got spelling wrong.    Rimadyl is just is crazy strong.  Granted we had to deal with a serious knee surgery. What treats do you suggest as I know dogs are allergic to chocolate, but what I have people had the best success with when it comes to two topics. The first topic is calming your dog. The second topic is helping pain as they age and have arthritis.  So talking specific cannabis products for both situations and thank you very much. PS sorry just a bit confused as I know the difference between THC and cbds  and don't want to  get my dog to the moon by giving them a high THC treat, so thanks again.  Also for example say Rick Simpson oil can I make my own treats with that and then give them to the dog. Although I don't know if Rick Simpson oil would be right for a dog but say I got the correct medicine and mixed it with one of their favorite treats well I guess that's rhetorical OK sorry

Do you have a easy recipe for RS oil?  Interested in learning how to make, but everything on the net looks so complicated.
 Angels Among US      Angel
U should get in ur fifty posts to PM. i don't want recipes for same showing up here. in this case, g00gle is ur friend.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Newsweek actually has a special issue out about marijuana right now. They have done other special issues on it before, but this specific issue has a section about CBD for dogs and cats. It's supposed to help with anxiety, arthritis, asthma, seizures, and cancer pain. I have a little dog named Manning who has been a part of my life for about 9 years. I'm going to be so lost without my best friend one day. I pray one day I can try CBD for his anxiety. It's gotten worse over the years. The Vet I've gone to for everything, even grooming. The Vet said that they would have to give him anxiety meds when I take him there. I think I'll find a new Vet.
because vets are not subject to the same scrutiny, to date, that regular human doctors have been, one is more likely to get truth and normal, and needed meds from your vet.

they also have fewer law suits against them. and the vast majority of the ones i met really loved animals. and tried their damndest to figure out lymes disease when that was just starting.

i have heard of a few vets, whom worked with rescue groups, whom gave rescue animals less than stellar care. but, i usually got along well with vets.

may ur doggy continue to bring you such love and joy for many many more years.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(10-08-2017, 11:45 PM)alsmom360 Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 09:33 PM)celts17 Wrote: Hey guys thx great thread. I use nuvet plus but want to use cbd or cannabis products for pain for our dogs vs say Rymdal sorry got spelling wrong.    Rimadyl is just is crazy strong.  Granted we had to deal with a serious knee surgery. What treats do you suggest as I know dogs are allergic to chocolate, but what I have people had the best success with when it comes to two topics. The first topic is calming your dog. The second topic is helping pain as they age and have arthritis.  So talking specific cannabis products for both situations and thank you very much. PS sorry just a bit confused as I know the difference between THC and cbds  and don't want to  get my dog to the moon by giving them a high THC treat, so thanks again.  Also for example say Rick Simpson oil can I make my own treats with that and then give them to the dog. Although I don't know if Rick Simpson oil would be right for a dog but say I got the correct medicine and mixed it with one of their favorite treats well I guess that's rhetorical OK sorry

Do you have a easy recipe for RS oil?  Interested in learning how to make, but everything on the net looks so complicated.

My friend was a grower in California, and he says that RS is the easiest extract to make. As Charon said, instructions can easily be found online. Just imagine it like if you were making some coffee and then evaporated the water so all you had left was the "coffee extract."

Hey Celts
I don't know if I ever posted about this powder I give my 13 y/o yellow lab who is diabetic, blind, and has HORRIBLE hip PAIN  it's called NUPRO and it's a powder supp that I get from Chewy.com.  It's been a miracle for my JD and I'm sure it's contributing to his rather long life despite his health problems.  He used to be limping around and we had to make him a ramp to go down two stairs from our porch.  Now he goes down the stairs like it's nothing, even being blind! But the point is his pain im sure is less because of the glucostamine   There is so many other good things in it also  I also give to my Italian Greyhound who has cluster seizures.  It's lessens the severity of the seizure and he has less seizures.  Medication from the vet was not working on him at all, so i decided to go an alternative route and glad I did.  Huge 2lb container is around 50 dollars!
 Angels Among US      Angel
CBD used to work great for my dog when he was having his hardest doys. It was good to know he wasn't suffering as much in the end thanks to the CBD
Thankfully right now I have a young healthy crew but I know if CBD would have been available a few years ago when my dog needed arthritis meds & the shot the vet gave her killed her she'd have been around a good while longer.
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain
I had friends who gave their pup CBD when she was getting old and began to have seizures... they swore by it.
I've always heard that cannabis was no bueno for dogs but perhaps that has changed.