Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBD DOG TREATS
CBD treats are an awesome source for anxious dogs or dogs that are in pain. Dogs have issues just like humans any relief we can help them with is A+ in my book. Some people can't afford to take their pets to the vet every single time they get an "owwy" or sometimes we need to help them maintain until we can afford a vet visit. I just love that CBD treats are available for dogs.
yeah I've seen these CBD products for dogs heavily marketed in my state but for whatever reason the idea didn't sit well with me. I guess if my dog had really severe anxiety I would give it a shot but luckily my chihuahua rescue doesn't have those issues anymore. curious to hear more first hand accounts though
i have not re read this thread. i may have said this. i am too tired to re read thread. so here goes:

i know my german shepherds had lymes and one had seizures. i used meds, and tricks about AC on all the time, but i bet doggie MJ would have been easier on my fur babies.

At least our animals will be given the compassionate care so many of we owners are denied.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(11-18-2016, 01:08 AM)Charon Wrote: i have not re read this thread. i may have said this.  i am too tired to re read thread. so here goes:

i know my german shepherds had lymes and one had seizures.  i used meds, and tricks about AC on all the time, but i bet doggie MJ would have been easier on my fur babies.

At least our animals will be given the compassionate care so many of we owners are denied.

LOL, just what I'd need. Loaded dogs. They're crazy enough now. BUT, just maybe that could mellow them out a bit. Do they get the munchies? Big Grin

Cricket
Cricket they would calm down. A friend had a very crazy shi-shu that had big time anxiety issues. She hated giving her doggie x@n@x and,other stuff the vet gave her. Went to a lecture of the doggy treats, they don't have the thc in them. It just calms them down. And.....it works. Doesn't put them to sleep. Just a nice calm dog. I was thinking of wrapping some up and giving them to some of the crazy people I work with. They would never know. And my life would be beautiful again not having to deal with these know it alls......ok maybe I won't.
But I want to...
OR
Classic Charon as a friend calls our Huskies fur babies. One just had knee surgery and it worked knock ". They gave Rymidal sorry spelling, for the pain. I would consider Cbd's but I just get scared it might freak them out. Definitely would want high Cbn but very low thc. Last time I made brownies it was last Seinfeld episode a century ago. Ohh they came out great was in SF. But nada happened. I mowed a few cause I was hungry, but then 3 hours later I freaked out. Vaping oil is what seems to be the most benign way but hard to vape if a hounder. Our hounders are our kids. Heart
(12-26-2016, 04:59 AM)celts17 Wrote: Classic Charon as a friend calls our Huskies fur babies. One just had knee surgery and it worked knock ". They gave Rymidal sorry spelling, for the pain. I would consider Cbd's but I just get scared it might freak them out. Definitely would want high Cbn but very low thc. Last time I made brownies it was last Seinfeld episode a century ago. Ohh they came out great was in SF. But nada happened. I mowed a few cause I was hungry, but then 3 hours later I freaked out. Vaping oil is what seems to be the most benign way but hard to vape if a hounder. Our hounders are our kids. Heart

If you're concerned about it freakign them out, you can always start them with a very low dose. But CBD isn't psycoactive, and a lot of extracts only have trace amounts of THC, so you might be able to find them something that works without much risk of negative side-effects.
Right on, well now cetain laws have been adjusted, once they open stores, if they have the cbd only I'll try them, sorry was thinking high thc which I won't even eat, but I have a weak stomach.
My dogs love cbd treats. My puggle cant take benadryl or benzos for flights because it makes her amped up and crazy. So I give her the cbd and she relaxes enough for the flight. Also my other dog is almost 11 and it seems to help his overall wellbeing.
My neighbor is a career grower. Very common where I live. His dog is like my dog even though the dog forgets me and is slightly skittish around me every now and then. I did used to take care of the dog a few years back but I think he's slightly blind now and goes off of scent and vocal tones to identify who he's to trust. Anyways his hip needs surgery very badly. I was stoked to hear that he has been using CBD treats for him. I makes him more cautious from injuring it worse than it is. He only started doing when the dog jumped off the porch on his leash and tore his ACL and had go have surgery on it. I mentioned he might wanna start using them to mellow him out from being so skittish around others and help with his hip pain. It's been successful so far. Will chime back in a few weeks and let you know how it's working on a long term basis. Smile
"Love your life and love others around you"