Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Controlled Script Monitor Programs
It does not fall under the guidelines of HIPPA as it involves the sharing of information that could lead to the eventual diagnosis of the condition.
there is a database that dr. and pharm. can see its for scheduled stuff not sure if I can say what the name is or if I should also not sure if its a nation wide or just my state will have to look it up before going further begins with C
Just an ER tip. If you need to go to the hospital, bring all your prescription bottles that are from the month before, so if you need something, they understand a little better.

I once broke my leg, and after many hours later, I tried to explain to them that without my gabapentin I could seizure. Without proof, they could care less.
Now if you use medicare and need a pain medicine schedule 2 or 3 

And need a script say twice a year or more for the medicine

Your primary care doctor can insist that U/A is done

Medicare will pay for the U/A

If a drug is found not prescribed by your doctor

or indicated by you before U/A is done

The drug testing co will do a Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrogram 

The additional test is quite expensive and medicare will NOT cover the cost

More oversight by big brother

Hope this helps for people in pain
this is some crazy sheet! between traffic cams that can zoom in and see what color shirt you're wearing to pharm databases of our supposedly private health circumstances?!?! ....we are totally out of control in this country and need to wake up...whatever happened to the word "freedom"?

i'm sorry but now that I have started this rant, let me tell a little bit about the small town I live in...pop less than 10k....the police are now equipped to photograph every license plate, front and/or rear to enter into a database....every time I see one of these cop cars with that camera on the back trunk lid with the red flashing light just makes me livid....i'm really beginning to wonder if we will ever get back to the principles this country was founded on...

rant over Smile
I mentioned this before- find a forum for pharmacistsand they all brag about the Drug Addicts they turn away. One guy had vicodin for 3 months, the 4th month pharmacist tells him "sorry, i won't fill this. I'm just feeding your addiction at this point". What stones... What if the guy had brain cancer or something, and was willing to settle for hydros because he was afraid of harder stuff?
(02-23-2016, 12:26 AM)BoomerB Wrote: I mentioned this before- find a forum for pharmacistsand they all brag about the Drug Addicts they turn away. One guy had vicodin for 3 months, the 4th month pharmacist tells him "sorry, i won't fill this. I'm just feeding your addiction at this point". What stones... What if the guy had brain cancer or something, and was willing to settle for hydros because he was afraid of harder stuff?

This kind of thing really ticks me off. I'm sooooo sick of pharmacists deciding what you should have and over riding a dr.'s prescription. As long as the scrip is valid, it's their job to fill it and nothing more.
If I were that guy and it was a totally legit scrip, I'd report that pharmacist to the state pharmacy board.

It's NOT right for those little dr. wannabes to make medical decisions. Just count pills and send them on their way.

That's not stones.
In most cases they are just techs with a certificate, not even full pharmacists. The woman at Walgreen's this montj, when i tried to confirm klonopin pickup on the 7th, goes to me "you just picked these up january 8 we're not filling these yet". Youbwoild rather unduly hassle me and make yourself look stupid than look at the date on your screen. What do they do to someone on benzos if they decide you're just addicted? If you're on 2mg alp 4x a day they could be sending you to a seizure.
This sounds mad,people dispensing at a pharmacy saying NO to a legit script from a GP,that doesn't happen here.Maybe in the days before computer print out scripts came in,hand written doc scripts were being forged on stolen script pads and the pharmacist might get suspicious,that was years ago,those days are over.
I haven't seen a hand written script for god knows how many years.
I'd put in a complaint to your state pharmacy board about the pharmacist.
Was listening to radio late last night,they were talking about strong pain meds being 'over prescribed' in the US,Obama is going to get involved apparently and put a whole load of restrictions on strong pain meds being prescribed.
Welcome to the New world Order.
I worked at a pharmacy in Arizona a few years ago, and all pharmacies, even "Mom & Pop" pharmacies were required to have access to the database. They could lose their license if they aren't up-to-date with uploading the reports. As far as I know, the databases are state-by-state, so if you live in one state and fill your prescriptions in another, your state of residence will not show those prescriptions. If they are processed through your insurance coverage, THEY will see it, but they don't report it to the state database (as far as I know). I'm sure it's just a matter of time until there's a Federal Database, since none of us have a right to privacy anymore, and the last people who should be making health care decisions are the doctors and the patients (sarcasm intended). Law enforcement, insurance companies, and reporters from Dateline are in charge these days, seems like....