Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fight the come down from stimulants
I think tyrosine has stimulating properties. So wouldn't be of much use for a comedown if you want to sleep but I'm sure it would be helpful for recovery purposes the next day.Tyrosine is an amino acid. It is not a drug it's a nutritional supplement. You might consider adding it to your daily multivitamin. There is alot of debate on how effective it is at actually helping to replenish dopamine in the brain but it shouldn't hurt anything. Good luck. I personally think your better of getting some exercise, eating healthy and going to bed. But that's just so cliche  Wink
(06-16-2016, 11:42 AM)Breacher Wrote: In a previous post I said supplementing with L-Tyrosine could help and that I would try and report back. Now I have tried and I definitely think it helps with recovering.

Thank you Breacher ,what it does exactly ? im very interested and where do you get it
Try some xanax or diaz when u want to come down. Back when i used uppers the crystal kind. Its been years would never touch again. Those would allow me to get sleep.

Actually I reccomend talking to your doc who prescribes your Ritalin. I think taking the benzos every night your tolerance will go up and up. He or she should help. Trazadone is one ive used in the past. I don't use uppers anymore and i work a very physical job so I'm out pretty easy for sleep.
I have an Adderall prescription but only take it about once every two weeks when I really need to concentrate on something.  But recently each time I have felt shittier and shittier sooner and sooner.  I now only get about 4 hours of feeling fine until I feel like death, just super irritable, completely unmotivated and not wanting to do anything.

I really wish I could explain this.  The other crazy thing is my body seems to have gotten the timing down even though it's so infrequent, I start getting strange symptoms on the day I usually take it.  I've had to completely stop, it's just not worth the suffering.  The only other things I take are Tylenol 3 and Lyrica for pain, not sure if those are causing a bad reaction somehow.  My doctor said they should be fine.
Ya man just get off it. What's the point adderall and meth will get ya one day. Everything's great then years down the road they get you. I don't care who you are. Ive lived it more than most.
Have you tried Strettera? Doc gave it to me once bc she told me she's convinced I have ADD, but doesn't want to put me on stimulants bc of anxiety. Strettera did nothing for me. But, idk, maybe that'll help. I do take L-Tyrosine, but I have to pay attention to which I buy bc some of those vit tabs are as big as subs (sandwiches, hoagies, whatever you want to call them). I have to get the ones that are easier to take. Good luck!
(06-18-2016, 08:54 PM)JK1976 Wrote: Try some xanax or diaz when u want to come down.  Back when i used uppers the crystal kind.  Its been years would never touch again.  Those would allow me to get sleep.

Seconded... but this is a very nasty habit to get caught up in.
Back in my collegiate days, I always thought 5-HTP worked wonders
like it was stated curtail the habit that is forming, nothing does wonders for a fine tuned mental state like a psychotic break for being up for 8 days
Kind of an old post here so I'm not quite sure who to direct my response too. Bio (OP), if you are still listening, then why not just drink some boldly brewed coffee when you feel the need for a stimulant? This is an odd post for me because I have exactly the opposite issue. I need medication to calm my perpetual anxiety. Typically, the last thing in the world that I need is a stimulant, however, there are times when I need to shutdown the effect of the anti-anxiety medication I take daily. My medication side effects include drowsiness and brain-fog.

All I can tell you is one cup of strong coffee (a natural stimulant) will completely wipe out the medication side effects mentioned above.

Finally, I disagree with the recommendation to use Kava Kava. There are potentially serious issues related to the consumption of Kava Kava and liver damage. It is banned in Europe and Canada and, although the FDA has not yet banned it here in the USA, I would not recommend that you even consider using the extract from this native plant.

Raven